the good news is, the colts keep their guy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the good news is, the colts keep their guy

its not selfish. He deserves every bit of it.

"its not selfish. He deserves every bit of it."

if anyone deserves it its peyton, of course. but how much does a man really need? it will greatly affect his teams ability to win a ring, if all he wants is a cash grab, he succeeded, if he ever wants to hoist the lombardi its not going to happen. how many guys are going to get released because peyton cant bring himself to play a game for 13 million?

Keep in Mind

Originally posted by slubeaner
"its not selfish. He deserves every bit of it."

if anyone deserves it its peyton, of course. but how much does a man really need? it will greatly affect his teams ability to win a ring, if all he wants is a cash grab, he succeeded, if he ever wants to hoist the lombardi its not going to happen. how many guys are going to get released because peyton cant bring himself to play a game for 13 million?

That it's not only him, but his agent and most importantly the NFLPA. it's similar to the Jim Thome situation in Baseball. I'm sure Peyton loves getting this fat check, but I'm also pretty sure that if he knew for sure that if he accepted less (not sure how much) he was almost garaunteed a ring, he would do it. The problem is he's still young, "THE BEST QB IN FOOTBALL " right now, and he HAS TO SET A PRECEDENT, not just for himself, but for the players coming up behind him. I'm sure somewhere in the background the NFLPA has advised him that he needs to be the highest paid player in football and accept nothing less because. That in turns help raise the minimun salary, the cap and everything else in between. Take out the glamour and glitz and the NFLPA is still a UNION.

It's his way of getting out of Indianapolis. He's taken unwarranted flak there for playoff losses, and they've failed to sign him themselves. He wants out, they won'tle thim, so he's going to make them pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom