The Herald's Greg Cote's Game Rankings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Herald's Greg Cote's Game Rankings

mf52dolphin

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Well being on-line I have been looking at the aftermath of yesterday's disapointment and reading what the South Florida area media types have written about the game. So in the Hearld's site I read Greg Cote's game review(Cote seems to best known for butchering the State Farm Insurance song on Dan LeBartatrd's ESPN radio show). When I read it, I was shocked at his rankings:confused:
Now since many of you have read my rankings in the wekkly Phinishers article, Cote's are almost totally opposite of mine. The most glaring difference concerned the offensive line. Here is what he wrote on them:

• Offensive line -- C+: Overall line play was better than it has been the past couple of weeks and protected Fiedler pretty well, allowing only one coverage sack. Still, guys were creating few holes on first down, presenting too many 2nd-and-longs

:yell:
How could he possibly ranked that unit so high? He had them as the highest rated offensive unit. In my rankings I barely gave the offensive line a D-, and had the offensive line as the worst unit on the team. Just because the sack total is low, should a line get credit for it? What was he watching out there? :yell:

Also giving the special teams an F just for missed field goals is bogus also. I gave then a D but at least gave them credit for doing effective return civerage.

I believe he also ranked the recieving corps too low by giving them a C. McMichael's game alone(I split the rankings and gave hin the only full A for the game) would give the unit a B.

I wonder what game Cote is really watching. He also is doing a disservice to the sports fans in South Florida.:yell:

I agree with your assesment regarding the Oline and his grade... I even emailed him about it... The O'Line, in my opinion, lost us the game...

Back
Top Bottom