The High End Zone Pass to Gesicki is Nearly Unstoppable | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The High End Zone Pass to Gesicki is Nearly Unstoppable

normaldude

Starter
Reaction score

youtube.com/watch?v=paOqbx33sKo

Mike Gesicki is a 6'6", 250 lbs, former basketball & volleyball player, a slam dunk contest winner, with a 42" vertical and 10.25" hands.

Tua is an accurate passer. So if he throws a high pass to the back of the end zone, either Mike Gesicki catches it, or it sails out of the end zone. Unlikely any defender can get up as high as Mike Gesicki. The best the DBs & LBs can do is try to push Gesicki out of bounds before he gets his feet down.

Those are the type of plays needed by Gesicki. He isn’t on the team because of his blocking and they no longer need him to be the next best receiver behind Waddle. He needs to make the difficult catch when necessary and to find the open spot on the field when Waddle and Hill are covered or out of the game.

Yeah Gesicki may not get a lot of receptions between the 20's and he's not going to create a lot of YAC, but he's a danger in the redzone and hope we continue to utilize that.

Well, last year, Tua threw such a pass to Gesicki in a Bills game. He was triple covered, and one of the Bills got a finger on it. Maybe that's why you said "nearly unstoppable."

My hope is he will be progressively installed into the game plan as a receiving threat
Looks like he is going to get red Zone looks.

Had two today.

While he might be a liability blocking, he can do that.

He also got Chambers killed multiple times.
I remember Kenoy Kennedy knocking Chambers out on a hit that was so flagrantly bad that he was suspended for a game - even in those dark ages of the NFL before they admitted that guys could actually get brain injuries.

I really don’t like the fade route much in the end zone but I think Gesicki could pull that off

Back
Top Bottom