The Importance Of T.J. McDonald | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Importance Of T.J. McDonald

I hope TJ gets his head on straight during the suspension and makes an impact this year and going forward. It's a gamble with not much to lose now, and hopefully a lot to gain later...we'll see....

Alan Branch had his suspension reduced right before the season started. It is possible to get reduced to 4 games
I think it has something to do with a previous DUI charge
that he agreed to. Not sure where I read that.

The best thing is that Miami likely has the inside track to signing him long-term in the offseason. I'd have to think McDonald will love playing for Gase so that's something to watch. If he turns out to disappoint (unlikely), than it's just a small one-year signing.

Love the player and that the Dolphins are adding physical players to this roster.

The safety position is going to be interesting to follow this season we need some young bodies back there

I hope TJ gets his head on straight during the suspension and makes an impact this year and going forward. It's a gamble with not much to lose now, and hopefully a lot to gain later...we'll see....
Brother I think he has some great players to help be role models for him. I truly believe this defense is one the verge of building something that will be enjoyable to watch the work in progress. I think this defensive unit is going to have more pep in there step.

We're in a great spot with regards to McDonald. Looking at how injuries devastated us last year, he provides insurance this year at a very inexpensive salary. If he screws up off the field, he is an extremely cheap cut. If he plays, he will be an unbelievable bargain, fresh going into the playoffs, adding hitting, tackling and a veteran presence. Honestly, we're in a perfect position. He is on an extreme "prove it" contract with virtually zero downside for the Dolphins. There really are no cons to this deal. He doesn't even count on the roster until he becomes available in week 9. This is like getting 100 scratcher lottery tickets for a penny ... if you lose ... so what? There is so much upside.

Stopped reading the OP's post when I got to "aqua and teal" ... it's petty on my part I know but I have a mental block when I read any writing that can't even describe the teams proper color scheme :wall

Best case scenario is Nate Allen returns to 2014 form and then McD comes back and our "big nickel" package (3 safeties) is a strength. TJ as a hybrid safety/LB. (Keeps McCain and Thomas off the field.)

We play only 2 division games over first 11 weeks so TJ will be here for the remaining 6. He gets back week 9 vs Oakland and then Carolina in week 10.

Alan Branch had his suspension reduced right before the season started. It is possible to get reduced to 4 games

Its not going to happen, its his second strike, which is why his agent did not appeal. Therefore, im not particularly counting on the guy, whatever we get I will look at as a bonus.

Used to be that a safety "hitting" a WR/TE hard enough to make him drop the ball was a valid way to defend a pass. Both TJ and Reshad can play that role. They just have to careful about penalties. Regardless, I take a few of them to get the point across! IMHO it is the best way to handle those short crossing routes the Pats have made so famous. Seahawks seem to get away with it.

Neither of them are the classic deep center field ball-hawking type. I would think both could fill the 4-2-5 role.

Back
Top Bottom