The JJ Effect & It's Time to Rebuild | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The JJ Effect & It's Time to Rebuild

LostInPatsLand

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Besides the obvious, what do the Miami Hurricanes, the Dallas Cowboys, and the Miami Dolphins have in Common?

My answer -- the JJ Effect.

I loved Jimmy Johnson. As a coach, he made football exciting to watch. In many ways, the Dolphins are still his team--the defense and special teams, anyway. And today, that's really all we have left.

Unfortunately, like the post-JJ Hurricanes and Cowboys, the Dolphins slowly have been transforming into a shell of a football team: The coaching is mediocre; the set standards have been lowered; morale has shrunk.

I believe the results on the scoreboard are soon to follow.

It is still possible that we, the fans, might be spared the full force of a Dolphins' demise: It will be less painful for the front office to accept mediocrity for a year or two as they stratgetically and aggressibly rebuild than to remain in denial while all of us watch the agonizing drip, drip of a ship that will slowly but surely make it way to the bottom.

My reason for hope? Butch Davis was able to rebuild the Hurricanes. It was a struggle, but he did it. Parcells seems to be working his magic with the Cowboys.

Guys, the dream is over. This current incarnation of Dolphins will not win a Super Bowl. It's time to move on and rebuild.

Back
Top Bottom