The last fumble | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The last fumble

Scrap

Go Fins
Reaction score
On that last fumble, I could have sworn Ricky was heading over to help Wade Smith, but then let the man go by. Was that who Ricky was supposed to block? Wade Smith really got punked today, but I think Ricky slacked on that play as well.
I could be wrong, because the replay didn't show me a good enough angle to see if this was the case. I like Ricky, but I think he was supposed to help out on that play.

I'm willing to bet Ricky was in a pass pattern on that play and we're all blaming him for nothing. How could he miss that bad it looked like he was trying to cut inside of Smith.

Looked as if Wade Smith let Freeney go to his outside thinking Ricky would pick him up.. Ricky tried to carry out the fake as if he had the ball thinking Freeney would go after him.. Freeney wasnt fooled and pinned his ears back right for Griese..

Griese had the TD right there on the play.. Freeney should not of been a factor.. Very unfortunate..

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Looked as if Wade Smith let Freeney go to his outside thinking Ricky would pick him up.. Ricky tried to carry out the fake as if he had the ball thinking Freeney would go after him.. Freeney wasnt fooled and pinned his ears back right for Griese..

Griese had the TD right there on the play.. Freeney should not of been a factor.. Very unfortunate..

Okay, I can remember Ricky going to the inside of Smith. I think your probably right on that one.

I believe your right. Ricky missed a block that was his. It's somthing the stress just do your job and he didn't.

Originally posted by Scrappy
On that last fumble, I could have sworn Ricky was heading over to help Wade Smith, but then let the man go by. Was that who Ricky was supposed to block? Wade Smith really got punked today, but I think Ricky slacked on that play as well.
I could be wrong, because the replay didn't show me a good enough angle to see if this was the case. I like Ricky, but I think he was supposed to help out on that play.

2:04 in the 4th, 2nd and 8 at the Colts 13 yard line.

Play-action to Ricky. Ricky runs directly into Wade Smith who is getting beat. Ricky makes it worse by picking him off the block. Griese doesn't have a chance.

Freeney ran a 4.38 in college.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: The last fumble

Originally posted by PhinstiGator

2:04 in the 4th, 2nd and 8 at the Colts 13 yard line.

Play-action to Ricky. Ricky runs directly into Wade Smith who is getting beat. Ricky makes it worse by picking him off the block. Griese doesn't have a chance.

Freeley ran a 4.38 in college.

Yeah, that is the kind of play that you would throw your controller against the wall if you were playing Madden 2004. F*ing cheating computer. :lol:

Okay, so does Ricky screw up on that play, or did he do good?(hoping Freeney would try for him)

My original thought was that he made the play worse, but Rude's assessment could be mean Ricky did his job, and Freeney didn't take the bait.

What about the Madison dropped int. I believe he was looking at the endzone on that one. Overall you have to say the Dolphins didn't play dolphin football that wins games. They did everything to lose it.

Okay, so does Ricky screw up on that play, or did he do good?(hoping Freeney would try for him)

My original thought was that he made the play worse, but Rude's assessment could be mean Ricky did his job, and Freeney didn't take the bait.

Whatever happend with Ricky, Wade blew the play to start. I don't think putting Ricky to help block was a wise decision anyways.

Maybe we should use 6 linemen against the Titans.

Originally posted by Sherif
What about the Madison dropped int. I believe he was looking at the endzone on that one. Overall you have to say the Dolphins didn't play dolphin football that wins games. They did everything to lose it.

We'll that cancels out with the INT that was dropped by the Colt DB (don't remember who).

Maybe a tight end to help him?

I agree that Smith was the main reason the play was blown.

Maybe a tight end to help him?

I agree that Smith was the main reason the play was blown.

The play was designed for Griese to roll out on his right to avoid Freeney but he came almost unblocked. Wade Smith couldn't even contain him for the play to developp.

Originally posted by Sherif

Madison didn't "drop" the INT. Buckley knocked it out of his hands.

Freeney just blew the play up. I can't tell if Williams was coming over to help or if that was intended to be a screen taking advantage of Freeney flying upfield. It doesn't matter, he flew inside between Smith and Williams and forced Griese to try and move. Griese saw Freeney just blow the thing up and either needs to just take the sack or throw the ball away.

Back
Top Bottom