The last of the undefeateds | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The last of the undefeateds

Favre4MVP

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I was just wondering if Dolphins fans get excited when the last undefeated team in the NFL loses. I know the '72 Dolphins get together and party when it happens. Does it mean anything to Phinz fans? As a Packer fan, I know what it is to have pride in your teams past accomplishments. Just wondering.

BTW, Undefeateds is a word. :D

I was born in 1975 so I couldn't care less. I would like to see the record stay intact but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Plus it would be funny to see the look on all the 72 phins' faces. Comedy!

i admit i am happy when the last undefeated team loses, although i was 2 years old and about 3 years from being a fan in 1972. that's a funny-looking word, "undefeateds." anyway, most of the fans i watch games with (i go to a pizza place in the LA area that, interestingly enough, is a Packers/Dolphins bar) get pretty excited when the last one loses as well, so i think it means a lot to all of us even if we didn't witness it.

Hey Favre4MVP, I notice you live in Madison. I've heard that it's one of the best places to live in all the U.S. As a former midwesterner (Nebraska), I might move back in the region some day. What's your opinion on Madison? I've heard nothing but good things about the entire state actually.

big frickin' whoop, i know

The only loss that entire season and PREseason was to one team. Care to guess which team? I believe Scott Hunter was the QB

I think the media make more out of this then it really is. I guess since they're mostly weak minded, they have to get something and blow it up out of proportion just to have a story.

It's great to see that the Dolphins are undefeated in 1972, but there have been other teams that have went undefeated as well. Just not in the NFL. One AFL team went something like 20 some odd wins without a loss.

Oh well. :D

Oh yes they do

I have met Larry Little. If you don't know who he is, he played on the 72 Dolphins when they went 14-0. He has told me that every year, when the last undefeated team loses in an season, all the members of that awesome team throw a party. Let me tell you. The players really care, but I'm not too sure about the fans. If anything, probably the ones that saw that season. But Dol-fans that didn't see it, (like me) feel proud, because not a single team has ever done it!!!!! :lol:

:monkey: 15-1 teams !!! :lol:

I wonder if the 72 team would be happy if a current Dolphin team was threatening the undefeated mark, where they have a 14-0 record and lose. Or if they would cheer that team on seeing how it is in this organization.

On a sidenote: I think eventually some team will go undefeated and might do so a couple of times, thus cheapening it a bit. Just my opinion

but until that happens! it's only ours

I know that I follow it every year waiting for the last team to lose. I don't know with the parity in the league I don't think it will happen again..The 72 fins were the ultimate team meaning that everybody gave up his own goals to accomplish the team goals no one person was bigger than the team. I just don't see players now a days doing that. New England last year came close to having that kind of spirit for a season.

I don't notice unless they make it 10-12 weeks with out losing then i start begging for that team to lose. I think i care more about Dan's 4800 yards and 48 TDs getting broken then 17-0. It also pissed me off that they counted he strike games to take away from his consecutive game streak. He played every game for something like 9 1/2 years if you don't count those 3 games in 87 that the scabs played. On another note did any scab beside John Forcade make it back to the NFL with any sucsess?

Back
Top Bottom