The Least Norv could do for Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Least Norv could do for Miami

Dolfan4life

Starter
Reaction score
is get 100% control of personnel and trade the 2nd overall pick to us for Jamar Fletcher.

That would be good enough payback for the job he did here. Ok he did do good with RW, but more was expected.

Another question, is that Miami should have asked for compensation in pursuing Norv. It was obvious that Davis was down to his last few candidates and Norv may have been the only one willing to bite. They may have given up a third or fourth round pick.

My choice for OC is Fassel, but since he likeable Wanny may fear bringing him here. If he was brought here they may be quick to pull the plug on Wanny and give Fassel the job.

You can't trade for coaches...period. Not only that, but it is a promotion, and there isn't a thing Miami could of done about it. If a coach is offered a higher position with another team, all we can do is grin and accept it.

I know I was just kidding. However, he could conspire against the Raiders and take Ogun from us. That would give us the #2 and #20 pick.

Don't scream at me, once again I know that isn't going to happen. I am just kidding.

Originally posted by dolfan87
You can't trade for coaches...period. Not only that, but it is a promotion, and there isn't a thing Miami could of done about it. If a coach is offered a higher position with another team, all we can do is grin and accept it.

True. The NFL put a stop to trading picks for coaches last year before the Super Bowl.

Also, we could have blocked the Raiders pursuit of Norv by just telling them no they can't talk to him.

Originally posted by SMadison29

Also, we could have blocked the Raiders pursuit of Norv by just telling them no they can't talk to him.

Is that right? I *thought* a team can interview any other team's coaches as long as the position being interviewed for is a promotion.

That wouldn't make us a very popular coaching destination though...

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
is get 100% control of personnel and trade the 2nd overall pick to us for Jamar Fletcher.

That would be good enough payback for the job he did here. Ok he did do good with RW, but more was expected.

Another question, is that Miami should have asked for compensation in pursuing Norv. It was obvious that Davis was down to his last few candidates and Norv may have been the only one willing to bite. They may have given up a third or fourth round pick.

My choice for OC is Fassel, but since he likeable Wanny may fear bringing him here. If he was brought here they may be quick to pull the plug on Wanny and give Fassel the job.

I read in a paper up here in North Jersey today that Fassel is not interested in either coaching or a coordinator position. He's looking to work within the NFL as an executive (possibly).

I hope Fassel does end up in Miami, he would be a plus.
Do we play jokeland next year?
Maybe we can trade Fiedler or Griese to Norv for a good draft pick, or two?
:D :lol: :D :lol: :D

Originally posted by scodoublet
I hope Fassel does end up in Miami, he would be a plus.
Do we play jokeland next year?
Maybe we can trade Fiedler or Griese to Norv for a good draft pick, or two?
:D :lol: :D :lol: :D

Fassel has many times categorically stated he won't work as a coordinator again.

Back
Top Bottom