the Lions are listening to Offers | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the Lions are listening to Offers

Bad deal, I heard on Sirius Radio that the Lions want a second or third round pick for Williams. Maybe we could trade Ricky Williams for Roy Williams.

A Williams for a Williams? Also our 1st round pick should only be spent on Chad Johnson or some one of equal importance.

[mod]Personal attacks are not allowed[/mod]...Roy imo is better then chad..he is more pyshical can jump for the ball just like chad and can make plays with the ball by getting pyshical..plus we would get rogers and a 1st round pick...Cincy would want a straight up trade for chad...sorry three starters verse one..which is the logical choice..:unsure:plus with lions no. one pick and maybe a second n thrid we could try to deal for chad..get a qb...we are an instint playoff team..:woot:

Agreed...but when he is on the field he makes plays and calls for an instint double team..soo does taylor..wicked combo there..which one do u double..i would do this in a heart beat..

it doesnt matter if he is too fat and out of shape to get off the ball. The OL would just push him to the ground

Nope, Shaun Rodgers probaly will be let go of anyway, Roy Williams what ha he done to warrant a first round pick? Replace Williams with Calvin Johnson.
What has Calvin Johnson Done..ooo ya nothing..he his worse stats then roy and roy missed more games..

it doesnt matter if he is too fat and out of shape to get off the ball. The OL would just push him to the ground
Cause they did a really good job of that this year...:rolleyes2: he was beating double teams...all year to get to the quaterback.. and he gets off the ball just fine..that y he requires a double team...

I'm not convinced rogers can get in shape either.

roy williams I would love to have here. he's younger than CJ too. I think someone said he's only 26. that is much better than 30.

although I think CJ is probably a bit better. I like roy's size better. big physical... thats what I keep asking for.

What has Calvin Johnson Done..ooo ya nothing..he his worse stats then roy and roy missed more games..

Is this a joke... What has a rookie done? How about giving him a career before calling him a bust. Man, statements like this just kill me

Cause they did a really good job of that this year...:rolleyes2: he was beating double teams...all year to get to the quaterback.. and he gets off the ball just fine..that y he requires a double team...

Right, it only took him 7 years in the league to finally have a good year for a defensive lineman. And its obvious you didnt hear the reports that detriot was unhappy with his performance and work ethics. Suspensions, weight issues, civil suits and sexual harrassment charges... Its safe to say detriot sees him as a disappointment if they are willing to part with him

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_previousnews.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1819

Just read some of that... Over and over and over again you see he has different instances of some type of negativity

Is this a joke... What has a rookie done? How about giving him a career before calling him a bust. Man, statements like this just kill me
Didnt say he was a bust..i like calvin johnson alot..after all lions are my second favorite team and i like what i seen of them..what i was sayin was how can u say calvin is better then roy..when he is unproven and roy clearily has the better stats..in conparison he has done nothing and what has a rookie done well Bowe 70 catches for 995 yards and 5 tds..ya thats what a rookie has done...

Right, it only took him 7 years in the league to finally have a good year for a defensive lineman. And its obvious you didnt hear the reports that detriot was unhappy with his performance and work ethics. Suspensions, weight issues, civil suits and sexual harrassment charges... Its safe to say detriot sees him as a disappointment if they are willing to part with him

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_previousnews.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1819

Just read some of that... Over and over and over again you see he has different instances of some type of negativity
well if we want to avoid problems why does everyone want chad johnson..and it did not take him 7 years..first year in the league he had eighty-one tackles..60 of which were solo..

Didnt say he was a bust..i like calvin johnson alot..after all lions are my second favorite team and i like what i seen of them..what i was sayin was how can u say calvin is better then roy..when he is unproven and roy clearily has the better stats..in conparison he has done nothing and what has a rookie done well Bowe 70 catches for 995 yards and 5 tds..ya thats what a rookie has done...

I didnt see what you were responding too. I only read your post and responded to that.. my bad.. But it is way to early to say Johnson will not be a top teir WR. I agree Bowe was a great WR this year, but give Johnson a chance, he was injured for half the season. At this point I also wouldnt say Johnson is better than Williams, and its too soon to say he will be better than Williams, but from a fins point of view, I think we all could agree we would like to have recievers like detriot has right now.. Plus Ginn of course

well if we want to avoid problems why does everyone want chad johnson..and it did not take him 7 years..first year in the league he had eighty-one tackles..60 of which were solo..

I cant speak for everyone so I dont know, but I have said myself I would rather have Roy Williams here than Chad Johnson becuase of cost and longevity. And stats aside, Rogers has had a plethora of off the field issues, thats my point, and it doesnt look like he is doing anything to change that about himself

[/quote]

I didnt see what you were responding too. I only read your post and responded to that.. my bad.. But it is way to early to say Johnson will not be a top teir WR. I agree Bowe was a great WR this year, but give Johnson a chance, he was injured for half the season. At this point I also wouldnt say Johnson is better than Williams, and its too soon to say he will be better than Williams, but from a fins point of view, I think we all could agree we would like to have recievers like detriot has right now.. Plus Ginn of course
Agreed...and i sure calvin will be great but he is not the one on the trade block either and thats what i was tring to get across...

cant speak for everyone so I dont know, but I have said myself I would rather have Roy Williams here than Chad Johnson becuase of cost and longevity. And stats aside, Rogers has had a plethora of off the field issues, thats my point, and it doesnt look like he is doing anything to change that about himself cant speak for everyone so I dont know, but I have said myself I would rather have Roy Williams here than Chad Johnson becuase of cost and longevity. And stats aside, Rogers has had a plethora of off the field issues, thats my point, and it doesnt look like he is doing anything to change that about himself
heres the deal thou if we can get roy rogers and there no. one pick for our no. one pick...problem aside he is a factor and the possibility of parcell kicking his butt in into shape(it will be hard to miss)i say is 43% chance we should take that risk because roy is the main guy in the deal anyways rogers is an addition..kinda sweetens the deal..i mean if that deal was offered would u say we will take it if rogers isnt part of it..would u ask him to be remove from the deal???i wouldnt..

heres the deal thou if we can get roy rogers and there no. one pick for our no. one pick...problem aside he is a factor and the possibility of parcell kicking his butt in into shape(it will be hard to miss)i say is 43% chance we should take that risk because roy is the main guy in the deal anyways rogers is an addition..kinda sweetens the deal..i mean if that deal was offered would u say we will take it if rogers isnt part of it..would u ask him to be remove from the deal???i wouldnt..

No, we can take him, IM just saying we shouldnt get our hopes up with the guy too much because we dont (given his history) know if he will show up and be as productive as we hope he will be.

I hope not.....I'm don't intent on selling the farm for Roy Williams....

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/02/dont_expect_roy_williams_to_be.html

Don't believe the recent rumors you hear about Lions receiver Roy Williams getting traded.

Oh, the Lions will entertain trade offers for Williams but, according to a source close to the situation, the Lions will only pull the trigger on a deal if there's overwhelming value for Detroit. Williams is on the trading block, but not the same block as defensive tackle Shaun Rogers. The Lions want to part with Rogers if they get decent value and there's more motivation for head coach Rod Marinelli to move on without Rogers.

the Lions are listening to offers to trade Roy Williams if they want to get Rid of him i would be more then happy to have him in a dolphins uniform we could give them our First round pick for there first round pick Roy Williams and Shaun Rogers i think that would be a Sweat Deal what do u guys think on if Roy Williams and Shaun Rogers is in a dolphins uniform next year

Here is the Link saying they will be listening to Offers
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=35

Nah, I'd rather keep the #1 overall pick and offer them the #32 pick. It "is" a 1st rounder you know.

Back
Top Bottom