The Long Ball Vs The Longest Yard | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Long Ball Vs The Longest Yard

A/C Dorsal

Historic Franchise Pride
Reaction score
He's got guts. I remember when i first became convinced of his status as a warrior. It was a playoff game against Indy. He ran one in on a bad hip in the face of death after a nifty drive. Nads.

But I still didn't want him as our QB. If we were to have a running QB, i wanted a better runner. If we were to have a QB who throws pics, I wanted a stronger arm. I was used to Dan Marino, of course. Braver in the pocket and more durable. Still, willing to accept that we couldn't have Dan, i still didn't want Jay. He does everything too slow; and I'm affraid if he didn't, every throw would be a pic.

Actually though, I'm really worn out on bashing Jay. He takes it and takes it and keeps winning. He's bullet-proof. The guy has a great record. He will be the QB to pull Dave Ws record above .500. And damnit, if he gets that ring, he will be my new favorite QB of all time.

So what about the long-ball? It kinda reminds me of Shaqs free-throws. You know, Shaq? Doesn't he have 2 rings? Or is it 3? Never mind that he's a dumbass. He's a winner. Shaqs the dumbass, not Jay. Jay has heart. He's proven it repeatedly.

Originally posted by A/C Dorsal
He's got guts. I remember when i first became convinced of his status as a warrior. It was a playoff game against Indy. He ran one in on a bad hip in the face of death after a nifty drive. Nads.

But I still didn't want him as our QB. If we were to have a running QB, i wanted a better runner. If we were to have a QB who throws pics, I wanted a stronger arm. I was used to Dan Marino, of course. Braver in the pocket and more durable. Still, willing to accept that we couldn't have Dan, i still didn't want Jay. He does everything too slow; and I'm affraid if he didn't, every throw would be a pic.

Actually though, I'm really worn out on bashing Jay. He takes it and takes it and keeps winning. He's bullet-proof. The guy has a great record. He will be the QB to pull Dave Ws record above .500. And damnit, if he gets that ring, he will be my new favorite QB of all time.

So what about the long-ball? It kinda reminds me of Shaqs free-throws. You know, Shaq? Doesn't he have 2 rings? Or is it 3? Never mind that he's a dumbass. He's a winner. Shaqs the dumbass, not Jay. Jay has heart. He's proven it repeatedly.

the thing is he's had 15 games under turner as the OC. he was never asked to go deep in years past because of the lack of speed WR who were threats. mcknight is a perfect example. speedy but not a deep threat.

now with DT who has more speed miami is trying it out. if he gets the time in the pocket i believe he'll hit the deep ball.

like NT said.. we're inches away from the deep plays! you gotta believe in it. when the offense is on the same page the deep ball will come. we can't force it to happen right now because of the lack of execution at every position. like i said when the team is on the same page it will come. there will be people that say otherwise but it's just not true. until there is proof that the O is playing solid and jay isn't hitting the deep ball then you can doubt.. so will I. but until that happens i believe "we're inches away."

plus it's not like fiedler was awful at the long ball with the jags. anyone remember the Jags 62-7 games where he had tons of deep passes? didn't they go to the championship game? the difference then and now is miami isn't playing well on the offense as a whole. "if you build it, they will come." if you throw the long ball (with execution as an offense) they will come.

Last edited by a moderator:
This has to be one of the most balanced criticisms of Fiedler I've ever seen. GREAT post (and this from someone who is generally more of a Fiedler supported than detractor).

Back
Top Bottom