The Long Brothers(figuratively) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Long Brothers(figuratively)

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This is a thread to specify why i think we should draft Jake Long rather than Chris Long.
  • We have been looking for upgrades on our offensive line for as long as i can remember, and passing up on a guy with such a significant upside would hinder our efforts to build an elite offensive line.
  • We already have outside linebackers that can rush the quarterback and drafting one would be pointless at this precise moment.
  • Building the offensive line through the draft will help us keep players on our team rather than overpaying players that may be past their primes.
  • Having a mediocre offense could be in issue if we don't draft Jake long because all offensive efforts go through the offensive line.
  • We are probably one more player away from having that solid offensive line that we have wanted for a while
Both players have a tremendous upside but i think taking Jake Long will prove to be the better move out of the two. No matter what we have heard the media will always write on what they have heard and over-speculate players abilities which i think is exactly what they are doing for Jake Long. The man has showed he can play by giving up a very limited amount of sacks in his college football career.

FOR THE FIRST PICK OF THE 2008 NFL DRAFT, THE MIAMI DOLPHINS SELECT JAKE LONG, OFFENSIVE TACKLE FROM MICHIGAN!!!!!

i agee there is a lot more questions on offense and it will make the qb (beck) better, ronnie and lobo better and ginn and the recievers beter,j long is way more of an upgrade on no one than c long is on j porter

To counter:
This is the best tackle draft in memory, there will be numerous tackles there at 32, including a guard (Branden Albert) who probably could play left tackle.

You will not find a Chris Long or anyone close to him at 32.

With that said, I think the pick is between Long, Long and Ryan.

I don't like the idea of picking ryan at all. Why invest in another unproven quarterback when we already have one that we still have to see if hes the right man for the job

Back
Top Bottom