The Marlins payroll.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Marlins payroll....

I thought this was just all part of the Marlin Master Plan, be lousey for 7 years, come out of nowhere win the world series, fire everybody, be lousey for 7 years, win the world series fire everybody, repeat process ;)

SuavePhin said:
I thought this was just all part of the Marlin Master Plan, be lousey for 7 years, come out of nowhere win the world series, fire everybody, be lousey for 7 years, win the world series fire everybody, repeat process ;)

So true.

Anyone else loving Ramirez? That boy is doing some big things for us leading off.

culpepper2chambers said:
actually nvm i dont wanna trade ichiro

That's okay. I don't think the Marlins would trade arguably the NL's best pitcher for a 12 million dollar singles hitter.

SuavePhin said:

Well, it's worked perfectly twice in the franchise's 12(?) years. Hard to argue with that success rate. I'm pretty sure the Yankees are the only other franchise that could say they've averaged a World Series title for every 6 years of existence.

I would trade Lester and Papelbon for Willis, but those 2 plus Pedoria and Ellsbury is to much to ask for any player.. Papelbon's value is rising daily and we would be giving up all of our cheap major league ready talent in one deal.. I just don't think this is the Red Sox style anymore..

GreenMonster said:
I would trade Lester and Papelbon for Willis, but those 2 plus Pedoria and Ellsbury is to much to ask for any player.. Papelbon's value is rising daily and we would be giving up all of our cheap major league ready talent in one deal.. I just don't think this is the Red Sox style anymore..

Oh, okay. I don't know anything about Pedoria and Ellsbury, but assuming those 4 represent the 4 best prospects Boston has, then that might be a bit much. As I said, I'd give up Milledge and Pelfrey, the Mets' two best prospects, and both are probably top 50 prospects. Similarly, Papelbon and Lester are both top 50 prospects. A pair of top 50 prospects should be sufficient compensation for Willis. Maybe a B-grade prospect tossed in as a sweetener.

GreenMonster said:

You would give up Lester and Papelbon? No waaayyy.. not me.

phunwin said:
Oh, okay. I don't know anything about Pedoria and Ellsbury, but assuming those 4 represent the 4 best prospects Boston has, then that might be a bit much. As I said, I'd give up Milledge and Pelfrey, the Mets' two best prospects, and both are probably top 50 prospects. Similarly, Papelbon and Lester are both top 50 prospects. A pair of top 50 prospects should be sufficient compensation for Willis. Maybe a B-grade prospect tossed in as a sweetener.

edit:Baseball prospective? had Pedoria rated as our highest prospect #11.. I agree 2 high-level prospects and other 3 star guy should get the job done, unless some kind of bidding war breaks out which could very well happen for a player of Willis's stature.

phunwin said:

Papelbon is no longer a preospect. He;s a bona fide Major leaguer.

In all reality, adding Willis would be overkill, IMO.. 3 number one pitchers in one rotation??

Yea, well on the other hand, that does sound pretty damn good. Maybe the Marlins would take Clement straight up. :lol:

FiN.in.RI said:
You would give up Lester and Papelbon? No waaayyy.. not me.

I know it sounds bad giving up our 2 best pitching prospects but you don't get chances to trade for guys like Dontrelle ever really.. 24 years old, 46-27 record for a crappy team, 3.25 career era, avg's over 30 starts a year, hasn't been hurt yet, and he is able to throw tons of innings.. This is the short list..

Back
Top Bottom