The Miami Dolphins did not show up for the game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins did not show up for the game

Jaydog57

Crank Yanker
Reaction score
Me and 13 made it back from the game in Tennessee. Other than the loss, had a GREAT time.:cool: Our seats were 4 rows behind the bench and one thing I noticed was that the players didn't really seem to be into the game 100%. Almost like they expected to lose (most of them anyways) and were going through the motions of playing. Jason Taylor got pissed once when Griese through an interception, throwing his gatorade down as he trotted onto the field. A few plays later the Titans scored, he walked back and dropped his helmet on the ground. But most guys just didn't seem to be playing with much intensity. I didn't see Dave try to fire up the team but maybe one time. By the 4th quarter, Ricky is laughing with Mare about God knows what. What the hell are you laughing about? You're getting your asses kicked. They gave up way before the game was over. Not that the Titans aren't an excellent team. Just thought that if they had come to play with a bit more enthusiasm that things might have been different.:cool:

The guys aren't scared, Dave doesn't scare anyone at all, thus they collect pay checks, and laugh on the sideline while losing.

I think the fans take it harder than the guys playing the game. They might say that's B.S. but I sure as hell wouldn't be standing around laughing during a butt kicking like the Phins got.

I suppose millions of dollars a year kind of takes the sting out of it huh? :rolleyes:

I'm concerned about how Ricky will act when Wannstedt is replaced next year.. Wannstedt and Ditka gave up alot to get Ricky and they allow him to do what he wants and Ricky doesn't get any criticism from them.. Haslett came in the picture and Ricky was being challenged and he obviously did not like it.. Ricky didnt get his way with Haslett and then became a "loof" so to speak..

I'm worried Ricky might do the same thing again next year hen the new coach doesnt cut any slack for anyone on the team..

Atleast thats the way I'm seeing this..

Yeah, they all needed a fire lit under their asses. I wonder if Zach not making the trip had anything to do with it? He's a HUGE part of the team, in the locker room as well. It's the first game he hasn't played in, let alone been to, in a long time.:cool:

I thought Seau was brought in to lead as well. Where was he when they are laughing, etc?

Originally posted by dolfan4good
I thought Seau was brought in to lead as well. Where was he when they are laughing, etc?
Seau stayed off to himself a lot of the game. He was pretty frustrated the entire afternoon.. Almost got into a scrap with a Titan on the field at one point. If the rest of the team had 25% of his intensity and desire to play........:cool:

Originally posted by Jaydog57
Seau stayed off to himself a lot of the game. He was pretty frustrated the entire afternoon.. Almost got into a scrap with a Titan on the field at one point. If the rest of the team had 25% of his intensity and desire to play........:cool:

Then he needs to roam the sideline and let that intensity and "never say die" attitude rub off! Not marron himself on his own litttle island!

Dave totally pissed me off. He paced up and down the sideline staring at his feet and playing with his headset. Jason was pissed. I was screaming at him and he wouldn't acknowledge any of his fans. JT and Seau looked like the only ones that cared. I have at least 30 pics from the game and you can see how they all looked lazy. The Titans fans were having a ball not realizing that they weren't as great as they thought, but rather that the Dolphins never showed up. They left their heart (Zach) back in Miami. We still wore our jerseys and jackets with pride. Took all the "Dolphins suck" comments and laughs. We sat next to a couple that came all the way from Indiana to see them too. It was a crappy weekend starting off with the Canes losing to Tennessee also, but the rest of the trip rocked!!

Yeah the defense looked flat. I was rewatching the game and Mcnair has at leat 4-5 seconds to complete a pass..some could have served him coffee in that cushy pocket...

Back
Top Bottom