The ‘minkmaster’ Blankets Secondary, Opposing Receivers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The ‘minkmaster’ Blankets Secondary, Opposing Receivers

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
1087218804.jpg.0.jpg

The term ‘Swiss Army knife’ is probably one of the most hackneyed and overused phrases in the vernacular of NFL fans. If a player primarily known as a reciever runs with the ball a few times, he’s called a Swiss Army knife. If a defensive tackle gets the football on a goal line play, he’s called a Swiss Army knife. And, yes, if a defensive end who plays for the Miami Dolphins runs forty yards in a straight line, against a much larger and slower opposing player, we’re ready to anoint him as the next A.J. Duhe and pencil him in as a Pro Bowl starter.

Every once in a while, though, a player comes along who actually lives up to the hype that’s being generated about him. With the eleventh overall pick in the first round of the 2018 draft, the Dolphins were fortunate enough to find such a player still on the board, in Minkah Fitzpatrick.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/7/5/20683172/the-minkmaster-blankets-secondary-opposing-receivers

That’s a terrible nickname.

Totally agree.

Doesn't seem Swiss to me at all.

I'm like OK with something like "vegematic"

or even a sushi knife!

Serious chop. Cut.

Precise. Brutally accurate. Yet "artistic."

:)

Oof, when nicknames go wrong...

Well Ryan stole Fitzmagic from Minkah, so I'm going with the Leprechaun just to even the score.

Mink Money! Pass his way and he is going to make you pay!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom