The Most Anticipated Nfl Rookie Duels | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Most Anticipated Nfl Rookie Duels

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Minkah Fitzpatrick Vs Sam Darnold
With endless questions over the future of the Patriots, the NFL’s AFC East has just become a much more interesting division from a punditry perspective. While the Jets have a quarterback that has dominated the minds of draft experts, the Miami Dolphins are hoping for a stronger team unit with Fitzpatrick on the roster. Only accommodating his skills could enable the Floridian franchise to improve their current Super Bowl odds on Betway, which currently price the Dolphins as the second-longest shot at +10000. Many experts attest that there will be times when Darnold throws to the receiver that is being covered by Fitzpatrick, and it’s those kinds of moments when the watching audience will see whether the Jets have the All-American hero that has been elusive for so long. If nothing else, the Dolphins have a figure at safety that looks set to be a mainstay in the defense for years to come.

https://www.sportsaldente.com/the-most-anticipated-nfl-rookie-duels/

Somehow, some way, the Jet's will screw it up. Darnold is a pretty good looking QB but a lot of these Southern Cal guys get overrated, same thing with kids from Notre Dame. They get the big spot light along with the big hype and Mayock and Kiper blather endlessly about how they can make all the throws, accuracy percentages etc. and the prospect turns into Matt Lienart or Brady Quinn. If Darnold was drafted by the Patriots how different would his career be? The minute the Jet's picked him I said to myself, "poor guy." On the Pats he would back up Father Time for his final season or 2 and walk into a starting job on the best team in the NFL. He'd probably be in the Pro Bowl and Super Bowls. On the Jet's he'll be under super intense scrutiny to perform very fast. The Jet's gave up a ton to be in position to get Darnold. There will be pressure to have him starting games before he's ready. Maybe long before he's ready. If they have any smarts they'll sit him for a good long while while he learns and gets up to speed. If they trot him out there against us Minkah will kick his over drafted butt all day long and twice on Sundays!

honestly i lost faith in Darnold in the Ohio State game, dude looked like a deer in the headlights. i don't think the Jets should even consider starting him this year, if he gets rattled he is going to crack.

honestly i lost faith in Darnold in the Ohio State game, dude looked like a deer in the headlights. i don't think the Jets should even consider starting him this year, if he gets rattled he is going to crack.

That game was a taste of what the NFL will give him and he failed that test miserably. I think the Jets made a mistake drafting Darnold that high.

I didn't even read the article but it's never going to be Minkah vs Darnold. It's their offense vs our defense

Somehow, some way, the Jet's will screw it up. Darnold is a pretty good looking QB but a lot of these Southern Cal guys get overrated, same thing with kids from Notre Dame. They get the big spot light along with the big hype and Mayock and Kiper blather endlessly about how they can make all the throws, accuracy percentages etc. and the prospect turns into Matt Lienart or Brady Quinn. If Darnold was drafted by the Patriots how different would his career be? The minute the Jet's picked him I said to myself, "poor guy." On the Pats he would back up Father Time for his final season or 2 and walk into a starting job on the best team in the NFL. He'd probably be in the Pro Bowl and Super Bowls. On the Jet's he'll be under super intense scrutiny to perform very fast. The Jet's gave up a ton to be in position to get Darnold. There will be pressure to have him starting games before he's ready. Maybe long before he's ready. If they have any smarts they'll sit him for a good long while while he learns and gets up to speed. If they trot him out there against us Minkah will kick his over drafted butt all day long and twice on Sundays!

uhhhh how many ND "overhyped" qbs have come out lately? I think its pretty much common knowledge that most of our qb's haven't projected to a great nfl player in quite some time

Point taken. I think there are more SC busts than Norte Dame. Other than Leinart, Barkley and Sanchez come to mind. It's only really Brady Quinn that got hyped to the stars. You couldn't say that about DeShon Kizer or Jimmy Clausen. Which school has the most NFL QB busts?

Back
Top Bottom