The most realistic 2004 dolphins roster w/ backups!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The most realistic 2004 dolphins roster w/ backups!!!

dolfan34

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Heres what i believe will be our most realistic roster for the 04-05 season!!!!

QB-Jay Fiedler(i hate to say it but wany loves him), Phillip Rivers, Sage rosenfels.

RB-Ricky Williams,Leonard Henry

WR-Chris Chambers,Micheal Clayton,Derrius Thompson,J.R Tolver

TE-Randy Mcmicheal,Donald Lee, The guy from the raiders

now for the o-line im totally clueless we need a whole new one

FB-Konrad,Ayebendajo

DE-Taylor,Jay Williams,D. Bowens, Grigsby

DT-Bowens,Chester,Zgonia

OLB-Junior Seau,Eddie Moore,Morlon Greenwood,Cory Jenkins

Where is Leonard Henry you never see him play what is he the water boy? He was pretty good player in college I would like to see him run the ball a few times for the dolphins next year. :confused:

well i said leonard henry because travis minor is a free agent and the dolphins probally wont match a huge offer for him so i think leonard henry will be the backup at running back this year.

How do you get Clayton and Rivers?

No way either of them make it to the second round.

I think a few positions are wrong (mostly backups)

QB- Fiedler, Sage, Henson
RB- R. Williams, Travis Minor, Henry
FB- Konrad, Femi
WR- Chambers, Jenkins, Tolver, Tompson
TE- McMichael, Lee
Lineman- Jones, Perry, McKinney, Nails (heathy), Smith

Dline- Ogun, Bowens, Chester, Taylor
LB- Moore (I want Dahani Jones), Thomas, Seau
CB- Surtain, Madison, Buckley, Wyrck (I think thats how it's spelled)
S- Knight, Marion

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah finally people are thinkin realisticly, anyone else notice the sudden stop of peyton manning and eli manning talk? haha. it was all in our dreams sadly...i think these are very realistic however can we afford to keep these guys? our D didnt change at all in those predictions except ogun left...which means theres still TONS of money there and we have a 17million dollar problem.... :)

forget jay fiedler. Brunell could be a dolphin soon. If spielman is reacting to the redskins supposed trade offer, then it looks like spielman wants brunell. If we get brunell, i kind of doubt we will be getting Rivers unless rivers drops to the late second round and we have one at that point.
Also, i dont see us getting micheal clayton. I see us getting (if brunell becomes a dolphin) someone like Vernon Carey and we will drop down from a Ogun pickup in first round and get a second rounder and maybe a third and then getting a WR of less overachieveing status if you know what i mean.

All this all depends on two things. Brunell of course and Ogun where noone in the front office has said anything about him going anywhere and have said they want Ogun back.

I could see this as well. We get brunell. we give up our third round pick. we have only a first rounder, we traded down that pick and get more picks and get OL. I know alot of people would be sick about this but you cannot ignore our biggest problem inthe OL. you simply cannot! and if they redo Thompsons deal, that could spell not looking at WR till later in the draft. There are some good ones who will be available in the second and third rounds. the kid from NC state comes to mind.

they were two changes on defense i think we are going to let brock marion go, because we need more speed at the FS positon, man it would be a dream if there was some way we could get sean taylor in the draft.

Heres how i think they will get under the cap!!!

CUT OR RELEASE-Brock Marion,Travis Minor,Jay fiedler,Brian Griese,Adewale Ogunleye,Morlon Greenwood(maybe),Also i wouldnt be suprised if they let madison go if he dont restructure.and some more people probally.

RE-STRUCTURE-Zach Thomas,Derrius Thompson,Sam Madison,Tim Bownens,Jay Fiedler,and probally a few more people.

Now if they do all that they should be under the cap, because just cutting brian griese frees up about 6 million.

Morlon Greenwood and Travis Minor are free agents.

Greenwood will be re-signed IMO. Without him, we're pretty shallow at LB. Who starts?? Assuming we don't persue someone like Dhani Jones, it'll likely be a "rookie" in Eddie Moore.

Greenwood played well this year. I say keep him, let Moore develop (he will contribute a lot this year), with Corey Jenkins coming on. You now have a somewhat deep LB corp.

Cut- Yes I am very cold-hearted- Fiedler, Griese, Ruddy, Perry, McKnight, Fletcher(Banks will replace him), and Marion.

Re-structure- Madison, Thomas, T. Bowens, D. Bowens, Mare, Thompson, and possibly Taylor.

Retire- Dixon

Extend- Surtain

Based on the FH salary chart(I still think that Fiedler chart is off, but anyway) the cuts save you 12m. Madison re-structure is probably 4m saving, Thomas is a 4.5m as they have said, T. Bowens is 2m, D. Bowens is probably a 750k?, Mare is a 750k, Thompson is a 500k, Taylor is a 2m.

Dixon is 750k

Surtain extension it's a guess but I say 3m.

That's going to put Miami currently at under the cap by about 14m. Then they have to re-sign a couple players. My guess for the tenders 2.5m considering they replace some of the top 51 players, Buckley a 750k to re-sign, then a couple others at maybe 750k(small signings).

Basically we have about 9m to do the big moves and the big re-signings, and the Chambers extension.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom