The Most Underrated Dolphin Player? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Most Underrated Dolphin Player?

before he got hurt, id say patrick cobbs. randy starks was just a beast though, but dont think the rest of the afc east doesnt know it. if the players voted for the pro bowl starks would be a pro bowler.
you havent seen cobbs play post injury

If you mean guys who we fans underrate, I'd say Vernon Carey. He's never injured and has played like a top 5 RT. Just a solid, reliable player that never gets spoken of as highly as he should.

Among fans of other teams and the media, I'd say Randy Starks. It's impossible for 3-4 DEs to ever get their due. Guys like Aaron Smith on the Steelers have been the cornerstones of their team's front seven for years, but because they don't get stats, they never get recognized.

I don't think that Polite or Randy Starks are underrated among Dolphin fans. Perhaps in the league, yes but not among our community. I think that among us, the player who people forget is Nate Garner. He's a great, versatile, quick lineman. He's a better player in my opinion than Donald Thomas who gets overhyped and Justin Smiley who's been overrated and overpaid.

I'd say Camarillo. I think with Marshall he will be a solid #2/3 backup guy. Also Dan Carpenter. He got into the probowl (yea i know scifers backedout) but he is a very good Kicker and can get better.

Polite and Wake,especially Polite, who is an obvious all pro, but gets little recognition.

Wake was the best situational pass rusher in the NFL last year by far, and I don't think most of the pundits even realize it.

Good thread. I would agree with the above poster, Veron Carey. I agree he is a top 5 RT who only get mentioned if he misses a block. The other player I would mention is not so much underrated as he is a player with great potential that never gets mentioned, and that is Chris Clemons. He has a chance to be a top 10 saftey if he can better understand the defense. With Nolan coming in and putting in a more instictive defense where players don't have to think as much as just react, I think Clemons can really excell. JMO

Back
Top Bottom