The Myth About Josh Rosen-jackson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Myth About Josh Rosen-jackson

So Jackson’s issue is they were totally set up for the franchise QB in 2020 and should have picked a defender.

- we weren’t fixing the whole roster this draft
- may or may not be all set up for the franchise QB, for a variety of reasons, they ‘hedged’ some -at a low risk.

I think most of us respect TedSlimmJr's evaluations. Out of curiosity, last night I asked him how Rosen's "skillset" compares specifically to Fromm's, Tua's, Love's and Herbert's. His response: at the least as good as.. but he needs to want and love to play football.. if he does the sky's the limit (paraphrased there).

My point being that the belief held by some here, that any of the 2020 QBs we may have a shot at would be better or an upgrade over Rosen could very well prove to be an erroneous one.

So Jackson’s issue is they were totally set up for the franchise QB in 2020 and should have picked a defender.

- we weren’t fixing the whole roster this draft
- may or may not be all set up for the franchise QB, for a variety of reasons, they ‘hedged’ some -at a low risk.
I think that's the objection that a lot of people have, the realisation that we might not be going all guns for Tua next year.

I think most of us respect TedSlimmJr's evaluations. Out of curiosity, last night I asked him how Rosen's "skillset" compares specifically to Fromm's, Tua's, Love's and Herbert's. His response: at the least as good as.. but he needs to want and love to play football.. if he does the sky's the limit (paraphrased there).

My point being that the belief held by some here, that any of the 2020 QBs we may have a shot at would be better or an upgrade over Rosen could very well prove to be an erroneous one.

I think that sounds 100% spot-on. If the year of tape of Rosen playing on a admittedly horrendous Arizona team had vanished from existence, the trade would've been more well-received and the "grass is greener" effect on Rosen vs. Fromm/Herbert/Tua would've been numbed a bit.

I think that's the objection that a lot of people have, the realisation that we might not be going all guns for Tua next year.

I mean I can understand that, I just didn’t feel comfortable with the game plan of Tua or nothing, just too many variables in my mind.

They will have a shot at one of them I would think if that's the focus at the end of 2019. Let’s say we finish the year with 3-4 wins and a couple other teams are above us and the team at 1 wants Tua (like Kyle M this year).

I don’t think the risk looks too bad in that type of scenario.

So a cards insider says he looks all world in a non hitting environment. But that it goes south in pads game situations.

That reads to me like probably a combo of two things. One which really worries me is all the contact he takes gets in his head (cause there’s gonna be plenty of that in Miami). And two that maybe the cards staff did a poor job of actual game plan prep in terms of having answers for what the defense shows or gives them in film study.

Real question is can miami protect this kid to even make a proper evaluation? Grier and oshea and company will get into his football head etc in meetings and find out what makes this kid tick etc but can we keep this kid from seeing phantom pressure and dropping his eye level worried about contact? Which in Miami like zona looks like contact is gonna be tbe norm.

This team has passed on many QB's over the years since Dan left. We have neglected the position. The FO/HC are taking a chance on the most talented QB we've had since Dan left. Will that talent reach the max? We don't know but I can understand the team taking that chance, specially when it it really costed us was a 4th this year and a 5th in 2020.........the 2nd we gave up we already got back in 2020 and Zona paid for most of his salary too so cap wise is a great move too.

Back
Top Bottom