The Myth of Drew | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Myth of Drew

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
I am not a biased fan that can only see talent if it wears aqua and orange. That being said I don't understand why so many people in Buffalo and across the NFl think Drew Bledsoe is an above average QB. (Please note this post is by no means saying Jay Feidler is better or worse or does it have anything to do with Jay Feidler) Yes Drew had a lot of talent as a rokkie that lead many to beleave that he was on his way to a great carreer, but as his stats show he never lived up to his potential. This is a guy that one Buffalo fan posted that will be in the hall of fame, but yet has failed to throw more TDs than INTs in 5 of his 9 seasons. This is the same Drew Bledsoe that has a career passing rating of 76. This is the same Drew Bledsoe that has been sacked 105 times in his last 34 starts. This is the same Drew Bledsoe that has lost 20 of his 34 starts. This is the same Drew Bledsoe that couldn't even win the starting job on his own team. If you look around the walls of Canton you will be hard pressed to find a QB there that you can say the same things about. I still think Drew is a pretty good QB that has a great arm and is a feirce competitor, but he is just not in the upper teir of QBs in this league. I also have to wonder how much more he can take after getting sacked 105 times in 34 games.

There's not a quarterback in the history of the league that can take a truly chicken **** group of offensive talent in today's NFL and make them good, against today's defenses.

Drew is a decent QB, but like all QB's u need talent around you..to get sack that much is sad, either he didn't have a good line around him or WR's that couldn't get open..The other, he held the ball too long..something like Rob in Buf. did..But when he had time he usually drew a good ball. I think Kurt Warner would be in the same situation if he didn't have M. Fault to take the pressure off...The SB showed you couldn't just pass all day and win..I think if MF had gotten the ball more, the RAM's would be the SB Champs..not trying to take anything from NE, but the RAMs are flat out better..but their coaching staff for whatever reason was trying to prove a point and it backfire..to include making their Offense 1 dimensional..Bret Favre has always had a good running back in the backfield, Oakland success shows a good rb and SF has had one with Joe M. and Steve Y. The running game and a back that demands respect..give QB's a comfortable blanket and takes the pressure off them..If Drews OL and RB do well this year, then he will have a good season, he definetly have good WR's...so let see if a running game puts him back on the map to Hall of Framedom.

I have always liked Drew's release of the ball. It seems that sometimes he's too devoted to passing to a certain receiver, thus the high interceptions in some games.

I know he's been better in the past. I actually feel he'll be much better then he was last year (in the first few games). I hope he does well this year, but on the same token get's his ass kicked by the Dolphins....again.

Originally posted by Dajesus
I am not a biased fan that can only see talent if it wears aqua and orange. That being said I don't understand why so many people in Buffalo and across the NFl think Drew Bledsoe is an above average QB. (Please note this post is by no means saying Jay Feidler is better or worse or does it have anything to do with Jay Feidler) Yes Drew had a lot of talent as a rokkie that lead many to beleave that he was on his way to a great carreer, but as his stats show he never lived up to his potential. This is a guy that one Buffalo fan posted that will be in the hall of fame, but yet has failed to throw more TDs than INTs in 5 of his 9 seasons. This is the same Drew Bledsoe that has a career passing rating of 76. This is the same Drew Bledsoe that has been sacked 105 times in his last 34 starts. This is the same Drew Bledsoe that has lost 20 of his 34 starts. This is the same Drew Bledsoe that couldn't even win the starting job on his own team. If you look around the walls of Canton you will be hard pressed to find a QB there that you can say the same things about. I still think Drew is a pretty good QB that has a great arm and is a feirce competitor, but he is just not in the upper teir of QBs in this league. I also have to wonder how much more he can take after getting sacked 105 times in 34 games.

Hey bro no matter how you put it to the bills fans, they dont understand, theyre lost in there own little buffalo worlds ,as if they have been hypnotized to believe Bledsoe is good.....for example they thought Flutie was going to be the man to take them to the promise land, what happened? Well they decided that R.Johnson was better all along and he was going to take them to the promise land,what happened? they lost faith,when they realized they were wrong all along, A.Van Pelt took over and no Bills fans believed in him,but to tell you the truth he did better than RJ, goes to show you how lost they are......now theyre starting all over saying Bledsoe this and Bledsoe that, so you see, no matter how you put it to them they have lost all hope and are desperate to climb back up to the top and at this point when Bledsoe fails they will even take Fiedler as there QB.

Drew is a QUALITY QB!!

I have seen Drew Bledsoe in many games and I really believe is one of your BETTER QB's of the league! I still think the PATRIOTS got rid of the wrong QB, only time will tell! Plus factor in this, Drew is going to a team that actually has a better corps of receivers than DREW has ever had! I HATE THE BILLS But ERIC MOULDS is alot better than TERRY GLENN! RHIEMERSMA is an adequate TE, and BLEDSOE likes to dump off to his TE!! Plain and simple, DREW will definately have a pretty productive year,and add to the equation, that he is a HUGE upgrade over "POTATO CHIP" JOHNSON and VAN PELT!

Originally posted by Dajesus
That being said I don't understand why so many people in Buffalo and across the NFl think Drew Bledsoe is an above average QB.

Well after having Rob Johnson there getting Drew would be like the 2nd coming of Christ :lol:

That was my point, an average QB will put up good numbers with a good team, and a great QB can look good no matter who he is playing with. Look at Marino for most of his career he played on crappy ofenses and made average WRs look great. The same could be said for Montana in KC, or Elway even though he didn't win his first 3 SBs he brought them there with no RBs and no great talent at WR. Those are hall of fame QBs, not Drew Bledsoe with his aveage career stats, and the bucket load of excuses that people are making for him.

Re: Drew is a QUALITY QB!!

Originally posted by Phinmaster1354
I still think the PATRIOTS got rid of the wrong QB, only time will tell!

I think the pats were getting rid of salary cap numbers..after they signed him to that big fat contract..still think it stinks they let him go to a division rival,,I hope he makes them pay for that..while I also hope he's Drew when playing us..JT and DG let's get ready to rummmmmmmmble.

drew is definately an uprade over alex van pelt...you cant blame bills fans for being excited over the trade...im sure there are some people who dont think the ricky trade will help us...

JD...

Thankyou for provide a little voice of reason to this thread.....

As bills fans.....we cannot help but be excited to have a quality QB like Drew Bledsoe after the failed experiments we have had in the past.....

but I think the situation is a little different here then what the original poster is trying to state. Drew Bledsoe is pretty much everything you are looking for in todays NFL QB...he isnt a scrambler but if you look at the most recent super bowl winning qb's they were not either......

There are a few things here that are undisputable:

- When Drew had quality receiving threats (ben coates), good protection (Bruce Armstrong), and a solid running game (Curtis Martin) was was widely considered to be one of the very best QB's in the league...going to 3 pro bowls.....as time wore on the pats fell in love with Drew's arm...away went the receivers, protection, and running game.....and Bledsoe fell on hard times. He comes to a team that has upgraded its line in a big way, has a promising young back in Travis Henry, and TWO quality tight ends in Jay Reirisma and Dave Moore not to mention a stable of quality receivers.......he is refocused with something to prove......and provides us with the missing links on our team like on field leadership.

We here in Buffalo are thrilled with the pick up.....the rest of the AFC East should want to stomp belechek's guts out for making us better so quickly like that...we very well could have had Jeff Blake as our starter had the patriots not bailed us out......

I can't blame any fan that gets excited over an offseason acquisition that immediately makes his team that much better then it was. Look at us with Ricky Williams. Same thing goes.

Drew will make the Bills a better team. But he's not the end all solution to a 3-13 team looking for a playoff birth.

One question looms...do you think Drew might have some left over angst towards the Patties that he's going to use on them when they play next?

It is my hope...

That he keeps it in check....the same thing that killed the patriots could easily happen to the bills if Drew (and the bills) dont learn from the mistakes the patriots made...and use Drew as a important cog in the wheel...and not the savior of the offense....

We must be able to run the ball.....

We must be able to Protect Drew........

We must be balanced...or the aquisition of Drew Bledsoe will not mean a thing

Originally posted by John from Hemet
It is my hope...

That he keeps it in check....the same thing that killed the Saints could easily happen to the Dolphins if Ricky (and the Fins) dont learn from the mistakes the Saints made...and use Ricky as an important cog in the wheel...and not the savior of the offense....

We must be able to pass the ball.....

We must be able to block for Ricky........

We must be balanced...or the aquisition of Ricky Williams will not mean a thing

hmmmmm....I see what you mean.;)

Back
Top Bottom