The networks just don't understand how to show football. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The networks just don't understand how to show football.

PressCoverage

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I've felt this way for a long time, and it's about time I ranted about it:

I'm really.... REALLY... really tired of watching football on television where you can't see the receivers run their routes. Could someone please explain to me how this has remained unchanged for almost 50 years.

Now, I understand that you sometimes get the north-south view on replays, or select plays here and there, but why not all the time? Why do the networks appropriate for us that we only need to see the quarterback dropping back, throwing into the unknown (as far as we know) off the screen?

With technology the way it is today, there's no reason why they can't show a game from a vertical view point. String a mobile camera up on cables, or, at worst, stay with the endzone cam. If they're worried about punts hitting the cable, run them along the sideline.

Forget the passing plays, what about the running game? Think of the joy of watching the blocking patterns develop from behind the play, rather than down the line of scrimmage. And doing so live, not on replay.

Madden defaults to the vertical view, perhaps they know something the network geniuses don't.

[/end rant]

Back
Top Bottom