The New CC | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The New CC

Jaydog57

Crank Yanker
Reaction score
Sounds like Chambers is looking really good in practice from this article......

AFC Notes:

by Rick Kamla - Senior Editor, Fanball.com
Tuesday, June 25, 2002

The New CC

Now that Cris Carter -- the original CC -- is working for HBO, we need to find the right player to take on his catchy moniker.

Curtis Conway? Not a horrible choice, but C-Way already has a nickname.

Chris Cole? You know, Denver’s fifth receiver? Never mind.

Chris Coleman? Please. Dude caught one pass last year.

The obvious choice is Miami’s Chris Chambers, whose playing style is more reminiscent of Carter’s old teammate, Randy Moss. Oh, the irony. Nevertheless, Chambers is the only logical choice to become The New CC. And so it shall be.

With that out of the way, it’s time for an update on Chambers, who has spent most of this offseason dealing with injuries. After missing Miami’s first two quarterback schools because of the ankle injury that prematurely ended his rookie season, Chambers returned to action last week.

According to Florida Today, while running the 2-minute drill, Chambers caught three touchdown passes and made another nonchalant one-handed catch out of bounds.

"I just did that just to be doing it," Chambers told FT of his jaw-dropping grab. "One of the guys said if that was in a game they still would have called it a touchdown because it was so nice. But I just did it to see if I could do it."

Hopefully, CC can shake this ankle injury and “do it†for fantasy owners all year.

......and that is Jaydog's serious football post of the month:rocker:

Back
Top Bottom