The New England Dolphins!!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The New England Dolphins!!!!

The Pat's pick in the 2nd is like #60 overall so we're getting a borderline 3rd round pick essentially. Still that's not worth investing $38.5 Million over 7 years for Wes Welker.
I hate when people say that. If it was "essentially a 3rd round pick", then they would call it a 3rd round pick. It is a second rounder, end of story.

New England Dolphins? Don't even put us in the same sentence as New England, they're in a whole different league.

Let's just call our 2007 season what it really is: a rebuilding year. 2006 was a wasted year, complete waste. We didn't gain anything from it, and our draft picks have huge question marks about their potential.

New England Dolphins? Don't even put us in the same sentence as New England, they're in a whole different league.

Let's just call our 2007 season what it really is: a rebuilding year. 2006 was a wasted year, complete waste. We didn't gain anything from it, and our draft picks have huge question marks about their potential.

I wouldn't call 2006 a COMPLETE waste even though you're right, it was quite putrid.

We did find out that Ronnie Brown is in fact a stud and will be a very good running back for us for years to come, we found out that our defense is still lights out on the front 7 depsite their age, and we found out that Cleo Lemon is a solid back up QB.

As for the rebuilding, you may be right, but who knows. Look at the Jets last year, wern't they rebuilding? It's the NFL, you can't forecast who's going to be good and who will be bad. That's the beauty of this game/league my friend.

sux. Wes Welker is our best offensive player. Shouldn't let your best offensive player go to the Pats. It will come back to haunt us.

So true.... remember FB EVans & how he crushed us.

I rather sign Porterhouse steak than Wesley at 5 mill per
You seriously think Welker will still have such a contract once he passes say 4 years of it? You actually think Welker would get the big bucks that is all in the end of his contract which will never last?

Welker for a second-round pick? That isn't a choice at all. Here's a ticket to Boston Wes.

The fact that New England's second-round pick is the 60th pick overall doesn't make a bit of difference. Here's a partial list of players selected at 60, or ten picks lower, in the last 7 years: Deion Branch, Terrance Kiel, Bryant McFadden, Antawn Randle El, Shaun Rogers, Gary Baxter, Bobby Williams, Channing Crowder, Frank Gore, Courtney Roby, Nate Kaeding, Nick Hardwick, Kelly Washington, Nate Burelson, Jason Witten, Cory Redding, Matt Schobel, Ben Leber, Angelo Crowell, Derrick Burgess, Adrian Wilson, Mike Gandy, etc, etc. I'll take any one of those players over Wes Welker.

You guys can talk trash about Welker all you want but he was the clutch receiver that kept MANY drives alive last season. While he may have only scored one TD, he made it possible for our offense to stay on the field to score many more. Think about that when he is smoking our ***** two times a year from now on. Letting Wes go is a huge mistake by the Phins.

c´mon are u saying that we must match that monster offer that the pats are wiling to pay ? .... wes is a great player and yes he will fit tom brady and the pats very well i know that and it sucks . but being honest he is not worth a second rounder . so .....bye bye wes . it could be one of the best business the fins have done in recent history because we got wes almost for free and now we will get a 2 rounder for him !!!! ...hope it is great player .:dolphins:

wes was in my opinion our best offensive player last year, ronnie did good, but he was hurt for part of the year. wes welker made plays even though he was 3rd string for most of the year, is 5feet 7 inches tall, weighs 180lbs, and is white(not many good wideouts that are white).

and everyone is calling the 60th overall pick a 3rd rounder because it is a late 2nd round pick. that makes a big difference, remember that the draft is a crapshoot and there is no guarantee of getting a game-breaker like wes welker.

When will our team learn to counter the pats stealing our players and then using them to own us. its been mentioned but it is worth mentioning again that we let a supposedly expendable player in heath evens go in 2005 and we all know how that worked out for us later in the 2005 season.

i can live with sammy morris being gone, even though he was a stud for us when filling in for our injured/suspended rbs during his time here. but wes is the heart of our special teams and passing offense. we need to match that offer, then we can restructure in a few years before the contract gets insane. dont think about it as losing the patsies 60th overall pick, thing about it as having a chance against new england this coming season.

whats the over/under on catches that welker will have against us if we dont match teh offer? i say 17.5 catches in two games this upcoming season.

wes welker is the man, PAY HIM WHAT NEW ENGLAND OFFERED HIM! they obviously know a little bit about winning games. if we let wes go to the pats i dont think i can support mueller anymore, this would really be a 'spielman' like moment. :(

Back
Top Bottom