the new england passing D is actually very good | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the new england passing D is actually very good

Joe M. Omma

Practice Squad
Reaction score
In the afc, new england's passing D is in the top four for comp% against, ints, passing tds against, and sacks. those are the important statistics folks. so anybody who wants to pretend that fiedler was up against a junior college hasn't looked at the stats. their rushing defense is also fourth in the afc. they have a good D even with all the injuries. sorry to demolish your myth of the terrible new england D that jay couldn't exploit. the stats aren't there.

Seriously, their secondary does suck. None of them scare me at all. However, I am not going to blame Fiedler. He made SOME bad throws, but the playcalling was a lot worse.

From ESPN.COM

But the truth is, Fiedler is a player of modest skills, and his own physical shortcomings probably play a significant part in limiting the Miami offensive design. There were times, particularly on two throws to tight end Randy McMichael, when Fiedler demonstrated a bit of arm strength and excellent touch. Yet for every on-target toss, Fiedler typically has a spate of passes that are wide of the mark.

Suffice it to say, a marksman he is not, and his Sunday performance was exacerbated by the fact he was facing a makeshift New England secondary that should collectively have made for easy pickings.

For the day, Fiedler was 20 for 35 for 230 yards, with one touchdown pass and a pair of interceptions, good for an efficiency rating of 62.8. Through six games, his passer rating is just 71.8, with more interceptions (seven) than touchdown passes (six).

Originally posted by RikWriter
From ESPN.COM

But the truth is, Fiedler is a player of modest skills, and his own physical shortcomings probably play a significant part in limiting the Miami offensive design. There were times, particularly on two throws to tight end Randy McMichael, when Fiedler demonstrated a bit of arm strength and excellent touch. Yet for every on-target toss, Fiedler typically has a spate of passes that are wide of the mark.

Suffice it to say, a marksman he is not, and his Sunday performance was exacerbated by the fact he was facing a makeshift New England secondary that should collectively have made for easy pickings.

For the day, Fiedler was 20 for 35 for 230 yards, with one touchdown pass and a pair of interceptions, good for an efficiency rating of 62.8. Through six games, his passer rating is just 71.8, with more interceptions (seven) than touchdown passes (six).

Thanks for the article Rik!

Just imagine what Peyton Manning would have done against that D. I shudder when I think of him as the Fins qb..:-)

Back
Top Bottom