The New York Giant's o-line | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The New York Giant's o-line

BSQ

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
If you read any comments from New York Giant fans they believe they have the worst o-line in all of the NFL. That's a matter for debate but looking at that o-line on paper I can't believe that they are ranked near or at the bottom of oline rankings. They have from right to left Andrew Thomas, the 4th pick in the draft, Matt Skura, undrafted and cut by us, Billy Price, 1st round, Will Hernandez, 2nd round and Nate Solder, 1st round. Out of 5 starters on the line 3 are 1st rounders and one is a 2nd rounder and Skura. I guess throwing a ton of assets at your oline is no sure thing at all. Also, note that even with the presence of a few veterans on the line they still stink. They also drafted a big name RB and it's just not working for them. Maybe Jones isn't that great at QB. This week they are starting Glennon. We really should beat this team by 2 TDs at home.

If you read any comments from New York Giant fans they believe they have the worst o-line in all of the NFL. That's a matter for debate but looking at that o-line on paper I can't believe that they are ranked near or at the bottom of oline rankings. They have from right to left Andrew Thomas, the 4th pick in the draft, Matt Skura, undrafted and cut by us, Billy Price, 1st round, Will Hernandez, 2nd round and Nate Solder, 1st round. Out of 5 starters on the line 3 are 1st rounders and one is a 2nd rounder and Skura. I guess throwing a ton of assets at your oline is no sure thing at all. Also, note that even with the presence of a few veterans on the line they still stink. They also drafted a big name RB and it's just not working for them. Maybe Jones isn't that great at QB. This week they are starting Glennon. We really should beat this team by 2 TDs at home.

OH they think THEY have the worst OL in football.... They gonna learn a lil somethin somethin tomorrow

Well, we put 30 on a pretty good defense.........
Technically 26 on offense. 7 came directly from ST. And even the 2nd drive was a grand total of a 9 yard TD drive after the X pick.

I’m glad we’re getting back to playing complimentary football, but let’s not act like the offense went out and scored 33 on Carolina

Technically 26 on offense. 7 came directly from ST. And even the 2nd drive was a grand total of a 9 yard TD drive after the X pick.

I’m glad we’re getting back to playing complimentary football, but let’s not act like the offense went out and scored 33 on Carolina
"Technically", the post which I quoted said "beat them by 2 TDs". It wasn't specific as to the source, and it is a team game.

AFAIK, those points still count sooo.......

"Technically", the post which I quoted said "beat them by 2 TDs". It wasn't specific as to the source, and it is a team game.

Yes, both of you are right (IMO). But I see it as a big, whopping failure by Grier and Flores. The defense carried the offense last season. In my mind, the #1 priority during this past offseason should've been to upgrade the offense. The result of their "upgrading" was what could be the worst o-line in the league and a weak running game which give Tua and the WRs no time to make big plays downfield; it's no wonder this offense was averaging only 18 points per game. They're on a winning streak ONLY because they finally decided to use the defensive schemes that worked so well for them last season. IOW, they fixed NOTHING; the offense still struggles, and the defense is carrying the team again.

Exactly.

Plus you look at the dominance against Baltimore.

The progression of Tua.

It is clear, at this time, the Phins are firing on all cylinders. Whether we will or not is a diferrent story. But there is no reason the phins should not be favored, initially, the next 3 games.

The offense is starting to do what I believe Flores wants.

Play solid, time consuming offense. Put up 20+ points, and the defense should do the rest.

I am not a fan of that strategy. But with the team playing like it has lately it works

They have shown a lot to be ready to start winning games by 2 TD or atleast double digits.

The phins are the team you don't wanna play right now. Chiefs and Pat's also.

To me those 3 teams are the class of the aFC right now. Unfortunately, 2 are headed for Playoffs and the other Is working overtime to just have a chance

Back
Top Bottom