The "Newson Experiment" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The "Newson Experiment"

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
While Kendall didn't do anything bad, he also wasn't a factor at all. I think it's time for Tolver to get his chance against Washington and Dallas. Activate Tolver and sit Newson. Let's see what he has. It's only fair.

Newson looks to me like a guy on the brink of being pretty good. I haven't had access to the internet consistently, so I'm not sure exactly how it even came about that Newson is a) on the roster, and b) active while Tolver sits.

Originally posted by Jaj
Sit Thompson.

He had a nice catch on a curl route(I think, don't remember) for a first down, and drew a flag. I just want to see Tolver.

Thompson gets interfered with a lot. At first the refs weren't calling it, but lately they have been.

Newson reportedly was practicing extremely well the last 6 weeks before getting promoted.

i think he could be a star... his NFLE trip was pretty good, plus he has size and speed. hopefully he'll ajust to gameday situations, and not just in practice.

i just wanna see WR/QB connections... i don't care if one of our CB plays WR... as long as we can win and move the chains.

Chris Gamble looks like our type of CB/WR.. play nickle (if T-buc goes) then do some WR.

I like his drops. That is my favorite thing about him. His ability to drop more passes then he catches. That is what I want in a wide reciever.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Newson, or Thompson? Applies to both, currently.

Yes it does, and McMichael dropped a nice pass too. We had the drops and overthrows today. ;)

Originally posted by dolfan87

Yes it does, and McMichael dropped a nice pass too. We had the drops and overthrows today. ;)

since he doesn't do that to often, i'm ok with it... that and we won!

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Newson looks to me like a guy on the brink of being pretty good. I haven't had access to the internet consistently, so I'm not sure exactly how it even came about that Newson is a) on the roster, and b) active while Tolver sits.

I agree ...

It's fair to let Tolver be active becuase Newson got his chance? That's a great reason. Tolver will get his chance when coaches think he is playing good enough to earn it.

Originally posted by Prime Time
It's fair to let Tolver be active becuase Newson got his chance? That's a great reason. Tolver will get his chance when coaches think he is playing good enough to earn it.

Not a very good post at all. Tolver was the stud in camp/preseason. Why shouldn't he get a chance? :rolleyes2

I like them all. I say more drops not less. Who needs recievers to catch the ball.

Back
Top Bottom