The next hurdle... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The next hurdle...

Dolphins83Draft

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I've been thinking a lot about this season and the unfortunate results of this past Sunday and think as a life-long Dolphins fans (born in 83) that the next step for this team is to be able to show up and play the good teams competitively and consistently.

I am a full supporter of Gase (thrilled about him) and believe we are trending up in the right direction but can't tell you how awful the feeling was yesterday to get blown out in a tought game yet again. For all the success of this year the reality is aside from the Seattle game we weren't competitive with teams that were upper echelon. This includes the Patriots, Ravens, and even Titans this year and then the loss to the Steelers.

It is demoralizing to be blown out on a national stage and unfortunately this decade (and then some) that's all that has really happened to us, even with a wildcard win in 2000 we saw our team get destroyed by the Raiders 27-0.

It is fair to say that this team has significant work to do to reach the level of the 8 remaining teams that made this wildcard weekend historically lopsided - and boring to watch.

We need to do more than beat bad or mediocre teams, I am proud for the wins on the road especially against Buffalo this year, but lets be realistic that at best we beat average teams this year and lost to good ones.

Finally, I hate when a strength becomes and weakness - I still find our run blocking appalling and inconsistent on this team and yesterday's performance was an embarassement. I felt terrible for Ajayi watching his locker room interview, the dude wanted it bad, the o-line gave him nothing yesterday and cannot be overlooked this offseason.

We took a big step this year, let's hope for a strong offseason and to reach the next level in 2017.

Back
Top Bottom