The NFL wants your money not your loyalty or patronage | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The NFL wants your money not your loyalty or patronage

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
If you wanted to destroy a sport, The NFL is doing a pretty good job. Goddell has to be the worst commissioner in the history of sports.

Already the NFL is facing an issue with television rights. ABC and NBC have both pulled out of the Thursday Night Football package negotiations because they want to pay less than what has been paid in the past. Only FOX has stayed in the picture with a higher offer.
A few days ago, FOX News reported that the NFL declined AMVETS, and American veteran association, an ad spot during this years Super Bowl. The “Please Stand” commercial was deemed a political piece and the NFL said they don’t want politics in the game or in the commercials. This didn’t sit well with a lot of veterans or their families. Especially given the fact that last year the NFL allowed a series of “Dreamer” commercials to air during the final game. A commercial 100% political.
Many fans have already been turned off by the NFL’s allowance of players kneeling during the National Anthem. The NFL has pretty much shut their mouths about it and it continues. Regardless of reason, positive or otherwise, fans found it disrespectful. Whether as a result or not, NFL game telecasts were down in viewership in 2017.
Add into that the coddling shown towards the NFL’s prized franchise, the Patriots, the horrific refereeing that has plagued the league for the last several years and continues to get worse, the inability to define what constitutes an actual catch in the league and the NFL has become nothing more than a money grabbing corporation led by Roger Goodell. Goodell was once good for the league but like any long-term executive there comes a time when his opinions begin to become detrimental.

Now we can add the disdain for the fan-base as well.
https://phinphanatic.com/2018/01/29/nfl-wants-money-not-loyalty-patronage/

The NFL has always only wanted your money or do you think you pay 35 dollars for parking just because they care about you.
You either like it or you don't. I can understand though why they would not take a commercial attacking players for not standing or at least implying they are doing something wrong or even demeaning why they are not standing. I personally wish they would drop the anthem period but that will not happen since people think that for some reason it belongs in the game now. Fake patriotism does not make me a better citizen. Also some fans found it disrespectful far from all and the NFL like many that attack it are just as big a hypocrites because they still blackballed Kapernick on the basis of this stance

Disdain for the fanbase? What's he talking about? That article or whatever is all over the place.

NFL teams are private, for-profit businesses, of course they want our money. Unfortunately, they aren't providing a product people want to buy the moment, for several of the reasons he attempted to outline.

People are sick of seeing the Patriots and the awful refereeing that always seem to be slanted toward them, I have never seen a team get more calls going their way in my life. The pro bowl should be discontinued, no one gives a ****. As far as kneeling goes, keep the players inside while the Anthem is being played.....problem solved. Let football be football, it's called a contact sport for a reason these penalties are getting ridiculous. Pricing needs to be looked at as well, tickets, parking, and food at the stadium should always be kept reasonable to encourage fans to come out.

Back
Top Bottom