The Official 06'-07' MIAMI RE-HEAT Thread. | Page 220 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 06'-07' MIAMI RE-HEAT Thread.

Just hope Parker watches a lot of Damon Jones tape and figures out what his job is.....walk the ball up the court, hand it off to Wade, and hang out in his favorite spot beyond the arc. Parker is a decent player as long as you don't ask him to play PG.

I'm going to give Smush Parker a shot. Maybe he stops his long haul of being Smush Parker and becomes William Parker once again. I mean, if you think about it.. what was Damon Jones before we signed him for a portion of the mid level? What was Rafer Alston? Damon Jones was scratching for playing time in Milwaukee and Rafer "Skip" Alston was looked upon as even more of a joke than Smush. The result? Those guys went on to make careers for themselves. Hell, even Keyon Dooling who I couldn't STAND while he was here. At the very least, you've got a 26-year old who is athletic and can knock down the three. He has a ton of potential defensively, just never got around to realizing it. Not a true PG, but whatever. Riles will work with the kid, IMO. Who knows.. maybe he becomes a good basketball player. He's not a "bad" one. Just never got a grasp of the triangle offense, and is lazy as hell. His attitude is also ****ed up, but that's not going down with Shaq, Wade, & Big Zo -- Riley, especially.

Pat Riley has the best track record when it comes to signing PG's in particular who are under appreciated and/or unknown. There are so too many to list when you think of guys who have made names for themselves after Riles gave another chance.

I mean, if we can make that move for Pietrus, then we wouldn't be in "ugly" shape:

G - Williams, Parker
G - Wade, Jones (probably)
F - Wright, Pietrus
F - Haslem, Walker
C - O'Neal, Mourning

Otherwise, IMO, you're really looking at Matt Barnes.

We will probably try and work something out with Doleac's expiring as well. Like I said, Anthony Johnson can be had for the cheap. You know that Jason Williams isn't playing 75-80 games for you, so you probably need a third PG who can play a bit.

Our problem is that we're looking for 2-year contracts for the year we explode with Shaq, Toine, and I believe Haslem has an option for that year as well. That will be the summer that decides Wade's career. We'll need to lock him up + add an additional All-Star or two to the roster. Maybe Dorell is good enough by then to be a third wheel? Hopefully.

That starting line up is so sad and old, it's pissing me off. I wouldn't be surprise if it wears down Wade and he age's faster than he should be. We need to get younger NOW.

That starting line up is so sad and old, it's pissing me off. I wouldn't be surprise if it wears down Wade and he age's faster than he should be. We need to get younger NOW.
If we are not careful we are going to end up like the Celtics. They held on to the "golden" players way too long and got burned by it. IMO, everyone is expendable, even Shaq. Only player not is Wade.

What to do if you are a Miami Heat fan during the 2007 offseason:

Step 1. Don't panic
Step 2. Simply lie down, and wait to die.

Dorell Wright can quickly change everything.

We're really depending on the kid now. I think he'll show us up, too.

all we did was bring smush to shoot guys hes a pretty good shooter plus he was playing with kobe and thats like ok heres the ball kobe ill stand in the corner as u get 80 pts so i dont have to do anything who knows he might flourish here

daequan cook can surprise people the kid is pretty good that ohio state state team was stacked though but hell do ok if riley decides to play rookies... highly doubt it

If we are not careful we are going to end up like the Celtics. They held on to the "golden" players way too long and got burned by it. IMO, everyone is expendable, even Shaq. Only player not is Wade.
If your name isn't Dwyane Wade, you can get traded IMO.

End up like the Celtics? Oh hell no. :lol: PLEASE GOD DON'T END US LIKE YOU DID BOSTON.

Back
Top Bottom