The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 142 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread!

UCFinfan86 said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2620449

Cashman said they are not trading Arod.

You can take it for what it worth, which is nothing. I would expect Cashman to say that, but hey just figure i'd post the article

yeah he has to say that. Beause if he doesn't in any deal the other team will hold all the leverage and NY will get raped in any potential deal.

Now, they could keep AROD. I mean the numbers are what they are. He does produce. He will break the HR record some day, they do have a new stadium opening up in a few years. Lots of reasons to hold onto him.

I still think they trade him. Cashman is just doing his job.

MikeO said:
yeah he has to say that. Beause if he doesn't in any deal the other team will hold all the leverage and NY will get raped in any potential deal.

Now, they could keep AROD. I mean the numbers are what they are. He does produce. He will break the HR record some day, they do have a new stadium opening up in a few years. Lots of reasons to hold onto him.

I still think they trade him. Cashman is just doing his job.

Exactly.. Cashman was saying anything nice he could about the guy so he still has some positive trade value.. If Cashman said the guy is a headcase and will never hit in a major city in the playoffs, it would kill his trade value..

Corey Lidle is being reported as flying the plane that crashed today into the high rise in NY

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Corey Lidle is being reported as flying the plane that crashed today into the high rise in NY

Like I said in the Lidle thread, terrible news. Thoughts, prayers go out to the family, friends and Yankees (as well as their fans). Makes you think about life really.

Man o man, when does it stop. It seems like everyday something tragic happens to someone you know personally or know through TV or sports or whatever. My condolences go out to his family and I really wish there was a wayI could bring him back for his wife and for the sake of his 6 year old child. Doesn't matter that I'm a Yankees fan it could have been Joe Schmo pitching for the Diamondbacks and I would still feel upset over what happened!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Man o man, when does it stop. It seems like everyday something tragic happens to someone you know personally or know through TV or sports or whatever. My condolences go out to his family and I really wish there was a wayI could bring him back for his wife and for the sake of his 6 year old child. Doesn't matter that I'm a Yankees fan it could have been Joe Schmo pitching for the Diamondbacks and I would still feel upset over what happened!

But straight up, when it happens to someone on a team you love you really feel the impact more.

clear.gif

I honestly didn't think I could get more bummed this week then the Yankees losing in the playoffs but this trumps those feelings by a million!

Yanks picked up the 13M option on Sheffield for next season. Doesnt sound like he's happy about it though. I imagine you guys did this hoping you could trade him for some prospects

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2639001

Sheffield said he was hoping to test the free-agent market and get another three-year contract, USA Today said in a story on its Web site. "This will not work, this will not work at all," Sheffield told the newspaper. "I don't want to play first base a year for them. I will not do that."

I don't know what they're [Yankees] going to do," Sheffield said. "Maybe they picked it up just to trade me. If they do that, if I just [go] to a team for one year, there's going to be a problem."

Trade AROD and move Sheff to 3rd base (his old position)??

One of the reasons I can think of as to why they made this move. I Just hope they try not to have him play first base on a full time basis

I will say this about Sheff. A guy of his caliber in the final year of his contract will probably put up HUGE numbers.

He may be unhappy. He may complain every day. He may even throw the manager under the bus. But when he's at the plate in the final year of his contract he will probably have a monster year. AND not get injured!!!

Back
Top Bottom