The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 49 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread!

MikeO said:
NO! We need a guy who can drive in runs.

Ichiro is nice, but not what this team needs.

Hit Ichiro leadoff, Jeter in the two hole, and your choice of Arod,Sheff, Matsui (sp) or Giambi 3rd

every team needs an Ichiro IMO

What the yanks need is some pitching

Alex22 said:
Hit Ichiro leadoff, Jeter in the two hole, and your choice of Arod,Sheff, Matsui (sp) or Giambi 3rd

Matsui is injured. And where do you then hit Damon?

We already have 2 leadoff hitters. Adding Ichiro would be adding a 3rd.

Alex22 said:

and where does Damon hit...?

Nice outing from the Randy today. And did it against a good team. Hopefully he builds off of this

I never like Jeter at leadoff, I always considered him a 2 hole guy, he's perfect for that.

Kdawg954 said:
I never like Jeter at leadoff, I always considered him a 2 hole guy, he's perfect for that.

Last year he had better numbers than Damon when it came to "leadoff stats" and such.

Ichiro is a very overrated player and it would make no sense w/ Damon here to get ichiro. We got damon to be our leadoff hitter so why would we spend all that money then bring in someone else a few mos later when Damon is doing fine?

Randy was great yesterday, I think last year it was an afternoon gem at SL that got him going so hopefully this year it's a beutiful, hot day in Detroit.

Back
Top Bottom