The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread

Latest on the Dye situation:

Red Sox said no to giving the White Sox Delcarmen or Masterson. The deal right now is on hold. This could be the Red Sox trying to play hardball with the White Sox to bring the price tag down some. We'll see.

More Sox rumors:

Red Sox made a counter-offer to the White Sox for Dye that doesn't include Delcarmen or Masterson. ChiSox GM is sleeping on it and we should know more in a few hours. Wily Mo is still a lock to be switched.

Sox are trying to land Eric Gagne from Texas. The Sox apparently made the best offer to Texas, who is trying to figure out whether to still resign him to an extension or not. The other thing that could kill the deal is Gagne has a no trade clause to Boston so the ball is in his court. Personally I want Gagne here, a pen with him, Paps and Okajima would be flat out unfair. Early reports is David Murphy might be involved in the deal.

Only a few hours away from the deadline.

More Sox rumors:

Red Sox made a counter-offer to the White Sox for Dye that doesn't include Delcarmen or Masterson. ChiSox GM is sleeping on it and we should know more in a few hours. Wily Mo is still a lock to be switched.

Sox are trying to land Eric Gagne from Texas. The Sox apparently made the best offer to Texas, who is trying to figure out whether to still resign him to an extension or not. The other thing that could kill the deal is Gagne has a no trade clause to Boston so the ball is in his court. Personally I want Gagne here, a pen with him, Paps and Okajima would be flat out unfair. Early reports is David Murphy might be involved in the deal.

Wow if we can move WMP and David Murphy and pieces not named, Delcarmen, Hansen, Masterson I would be very happy. The price for Dye right now is most likely pretty low since not many other teams can take on that type of player.

More Sox rumors:

Gange has a No-Trade to both NY teams NOT Boston.

Gange has a No-Trade to both NY teams NOT Boston.

Not correct. Gagne can veto any deal to Boston, he has no say as to whether or not he gets sent to either NY team. Check www.boston.com they have all the latest info on the situation and his contract. A big thing with Gagne's contract is that he has bonuses depending on the # of saves he gets and still wants to get that money (it's like 2 million or so).

Sox traded Joel Pineiro to STL. for $ and a player to be named later. Word is the Cards will make Pineiro a starter. Decent move by the Sox I guess, really not a big deal.

Still no word on Dye/Gagne.

If Boston can land both Dye and Gagne without giving up pitiching prospects I would be a very happy man and if they give up Murphy I could care less he isn't even the 2nd best outfielder in Pawtucket.

If Boston can land both Dye and Gagne without giving up pitiching prospects I would be a very happy man and if they give up Murphy I could care less he isn't even the 2nd best outfielder in Pawtucket.

Word is the Gagne deal would be Murphy and Gabbard. The Brewers are the only other team fighting the Sox. Mets and Yanks dropped out due to the asking price. I like Gabbard a lot but I think getting Gagne is worth it. Gabbard is a nice pitcher but really he's not in the teams long term plans.

Dye rumor is Wily Mo and Craig Hansen. Interesting for sure.

Sox and Rangers agreed to a deal: Gagne for Murphy and Gabbard. They're just waiting on Gagne to ok the deal. Look for the Sox to pick up his 3.6 million dollar bonus.

Wow I really like this move if it happens. Gagne/Delcarmen/Papelbon/Okajima bullpen is going to be flat out nasty (and maybe a bit unfair).

EDIT: Sox also included Engel Beltre, a FA signing in 2006 he's a 17 year old OF with upside.

I LOVE this deal. The Sox already had one of the best, if not the best bullpen in baseball and now it's even better. The Sox basically turned each game into a 6 inning game with Okajima, Gagne and Papelbon at the end of it (not to mention Delcarmen who has been pretty good too this year). It takes the pressure off of the starters to go 7 or 8 innings each night.

Plus when Gagne walks, the Sox get two first round draft picks for him.

Gagne was a great move. I'm glad the Tigers didnt improve their bullpen but unfortunately for my Angels the Sox got even better. Sox seem to have the Angels number so I was worried before this move but I think this clearly makes the Red Sox the team to beat in the AL. I wonder what it's like to have a GM that actually uses the trade deadline to improve the team.

Big big win tonight. Good to see the Sox come from behind late in the game to win. Papelbon looked lights out tonight, hopefully he'll feed off of Gagne and vice versa.

Looking forward to seeing #83 pitch, maybe he'll get the call to close tomorrow.

congrats to the Red Sox on their World Series sweep over the Rockies. I know the site has been down since the playoffs started so I figured I would bump this thread so the Sox fans can gloat.

Boooo sox..........BOOOOO!
Just kidding. Congrats. Braves take it all this year :) . Congrats again. I can say at least they aren't from canada.

lordsoftherings-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom