The Official 2008 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2008 Boston Red Sox Thread

Rumor is Coco to the Mets for Angel Pagan. Not sure how I feel about this right now without doing research on Pagan.

Along with every other team in New York. Plus every team in New Jersey. Then throw in the Boston teams, too. That about takes care of it.

Right now the Boston teams are on top of my list. Mainly bc NO Miami team is winning anything and it seems all the Boston teams are winning everything! Basically Boston is the Anti-Miami .. At least we have the better looking women and better weather!

Rumor is Coco to the Mets for Angel Pagan. Not sure how I feel about this right now without doing research on Pagan.
Other than having an interesting name I honestly don't know much about this guy either. However, he seems to be having a soild spring showing. Maybe a Mets fan could enlighten us a little more as well.

Yahoo Sports: Pagan has driven in a team-high eight runs this spring, and he is batting .415

According to Theo that rumor is false and the Sox haven't talk to the Mets about Coco.

Can't say I am excited about the prosposed Cubs deal either. Marquis and Fuld won't get it done. Fuld isn't even in the Cubs top 10 prospects and is really a mainly OBP guy which is why they are offering him here. Marquis, I don't think we are that desperate yet.

You guys see this article about Greenwell.I always thought he was a damn good player.What's your take on what he had to say.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/articles/2008/03/12/still_a_tough_pill_to_swallow/

FORT MYERS, Fla. - Absent from the Red Sox organization for many years after a bitter dispute with Dan Duquette, Mike Greenwell will be inducted into the team's Hall of Fame this year. Yesterday, he punctuated his return to the Red Sox family by throwing out the first pitch at a spring game, while also denouncing the steroid culture in baseball that he believes cost him an MVP in 1988 and Rookie of the Year award in 1987

Can't say I am excited about the prosposed Cubs deal either. Marquis and Fuld won't get it done. Fuld isn't even in the Cubs top 10 prospects and is really a mainly OBP guy which is why they are offering him here. Marquis, I don't think we are that desperate yet.

Nah the Sox aren't taking Marquis and Fuld. I'd love to get Matt Murton back along with either Sean Marshall/Seth Gallenger (and use them in relief). That's my ideal trade if they were to make a move with the Cubbies.

You guys see this article about Greenwell.I always thought he was a damn good player.What's your take on what he had to say.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/articles/2008/03/12/still_a_tough_pill_to_swallow/

FORT MYERS, Fla. - Absent from the Red Sox organization for many years after a bitter dispute with Dan Duquette, Mike Greenwell will be inducted into the team's Hall of Fame this year. Yesterday, he punctuated his return to the Red Sox family by throwing out the first pitch at a spring game, while also denouncing the steroid culture in baseball that he believes cost him an MVP in 1988 and Rookie of the Year award in 1987

I've actually met Greenwell numerous times and he's a great guy. He's always very honest and straight up. He was always very good to the fans when he played with the Red Sox and it sucked how his career ended and how Duquette refused to give him a contract. I'll always remember once when I was down at the Sox spring training complex when I was around maybe 10 or so and Greenwell went out of his way to come over to where I was and sign anything I wanted and talked to me for a few minutes. Like I said, a good guy.

I enjoyed reading that article, I actually talked to him once before about the steriod issue with Canseco and the MVP award and he's dead serious about wanting the award. I can't say he doesn't have a point but I'm sure Jose pawned that award years ago.

thank god mirabelli was released..he wore on me that guy...i wish we had a future catcher in the minors we could call up, oh wait we did kelly shoppach thats right we traded him for coco who now is on his way out...

good news looks like dice k will be able to go to japan..i believe his wife gave birth this morning

good news looks like dice k will be able to go to japan..i believe his wife gave birth this morning

Yeah that is good news, although I wouldn't be upset if he missed the trip. I'm actually happy Beckett isn't going, its a bad idea plain and simple to go there for 2 games.

Yeah that is good news, although I wouldn't be upset if he missed the trip. I'm actually happy Beckett isn't going, its a bad idea plain and simple to go there for 2 games.

i totally agree i had this gut feeling all along that somehow, someway beckett wasn't going over there...i like to see lester get the 2nd start vs the A's..nothing aganist wakefield but it is time to move him to the bullpen

i totally agree i had this gut feeling all along that somehow, someway beckett wasn't going over there...i like to see lester get the 2nd start vs the A's..nothing aganist wakefield but it is time to move him to the bullpen

I love Wakefield too, but I never want to see him coming out of the bullpen again. The last time........

Back
Top Bottom