The Official CELTICS VS LAKERS Thread | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official CELTICS VS LAKERS Thread

so we're supposed to forgive kobe for the past few years even though most of his ex teammates have said he was a terrible teammate just because this year he's taking his teammates out to dinner a few times? c'mon thats ridiculous...yes jordan did some of the same things...but EVERY GAME? Every time someone messes up or takes a shot without giving the ball to Kobe he looks at them like they had sex with his wife and made him watch lol...even when Kobe messes up he's screaming someone else about it. I never remember Jordan completely undressing a teammate and wanting them to be shipped out, I never recall Jordan wanting to play anywhere, even mars? lol...This guy is not driven by the same reasons all the other greats are driven, hes driven by proving himself to everyone...even if he comes off like a jerkoff in the process...on top of all that...during the whole fiasco in Denver, he fessed up to Shaq paying off women? Yes folks, he's also a no good snitch, bringing up another player, a TEAMMATE, for absolutely no reason...he might be a great player...but Leader? Teammate? I beg to differ...

None of the Lakers controversies are true to you because YOU ARE A LAKERS FAN...same thing in a far different degree for Patriots fans really...they have always gotten the breaks, the calls, the picks when they needed them, the cap room appearing from thin air, the one-sided trades...

For you to remember Jordan you would have had to have seen his career. Not the end of his prime championship years. You were like 5 years old when Jordan made it to his first finals which I highly doubt you remember anything of that season let alone the finals. That being said you missed all 6 years of Jordan being completly knocked out of the playoffs every single year either by the celtics or pistons. But I guess you dont remember that because you only see the highlights of him. How bout him punching Steve Kerr and Will Purdue . Nice teammate there, google it and learn a little. Kobe never took a swing at his teammate he just trying to fire them up to win. How bout getting Doug Collins his coach ran out of Chicago because Collins said he was uncoachable. There is a reason why Jordan was famously called a ball hog in his career and it aint because his assist # were high. But see you would have to have seen his career first of all to know this, not watch highlight films and the end of the great Bulls dynasty. Jordan was one of the greats but no way was his career perfect. Remember Jordan didnt even make it to the Finals until another GREAT came along in Scottie Pippen. And yes Scottie Pippen is one of the Greatest player to play the game he's named in the top 50 of all time. The reason you dont remember Jordan doing anything bad is because you never saw his career but just a couple great years from him.

As for Lakers controversies there is no controversies. Lakers did nothing illegal so to compare them to Pats who actually broke a rule is reach. But nice try. All this talk about getting the calls, the top picks, cap room (which I dont think you understand NBA cap by that comment. You can go over the cap and pay the luxury tax which the Lakers do pay) and one sided trade is hater talk. We have a lottery, the stars get the calls (the Jordan rules), and 1 trade where we gave up 5 players and the biggest salary comming off the book this year to a team who is in the red on their books is not as lopsided as you think. This is a business first and if I was a owner losing millions and millions every year since buying team and your team sucks something has to be done. That would be like us losing 10 of thousands of dollars a year in our 401k, of course you would change your investment after a while. The trade wasnt about players it was a salary dump trade and Kwame just happen to be the biggest salary comming off the books this year. Gasol is a good player but he's only been to 1 allstar game. 1 Allstar game in his career nothing like Garnett who is one of the greats and Shaq who will go down as a top 5 center of all of time. Look at those trades and this lakers trade doesnt even compare. You just buy into the media hype.

The funny thing you put down kobe so much about being a bad teammate, yelling at his teammate (because he wants to win BTW), not being driven. Basically trying to make him look like the worst teammate in the world and you have a picture of Ricky Williams in your sig. And actually being happy that he's back.:lol: Yes folks that is some irony.

Im happy ricky back but I dont go around calling out other players fault on other team when my own players who I root for are no better.

The funny thing you put down kobe so much about being a bad teammate, yelling at his teammate (because he wants to win BTW), not being driven. Basically trying to make him look like the worst teammate in the world and you have a picture of Ricky Williams in your sig. And actually being happy that he's back.:lol: Yes folks that is some irony.

Im happy ricky back but I dont go around calling out other players fault on other team when my own players who I root for are no better.

I'm not a Lakers fan obviously. Though it's funny how we as fans for any team can find a way to root for guys. Ricky didn't want to play football. Yet I held it against him as a fan. Kobe yelling at guys probably doesn't make him a favorite teammate. Though i'll go like the media; MJ punched a teammate in the face so how much was he liked?

I root for ricky too. I was pissed when he left, but what you do in your personal life is up to you. Who am I to judge anyone why I have my own faults to. Today most people cant make up their own decision because they get blinded by the media and internet. It's called the herd theory. They go with what everyone else says just so they can be part of the herd. Perfect example is this curt schilling comment about kobe yelling at his teammate. The only time ever mentioned about this in kobe career. Players yell at their teammate all the time just not in one sport... Baseball. Why? Because in baseball you stand around play with your thumbs for about 3hrs and its not a intense fast pace sport like the NBA, NFL, and NHL. So adrenaline is pumping in those sports unlike baseball. Why do think there so many fat a$$es in baseball.

All those Laker fans who were running their mouth how the Celtics wouldn't take a game in LA seemed to have crawled back under their rocks.

LA s*cks.

For you to remember Jordan you would have had to have seen his career. Not the end of his prime championship years. You were like 5 years old when Jordan made it to his first finals which I highly doubt you remember anything of that season let alone the finals. That being said you missed all 6 years of Jordan being completly knocked out of the playoffs every single year either by the celtics or pistons. But I guess you dont remember that because you only see the highlights of him. How bout him punching Steve Kerr and Will Purdue . Nice teammate there, google it and learn a little. Kobe never took a swing at his teammate he just trying to fire them up to win. How bout getting Doug Collins his coach ran out of Chicago because Collins said he was uncoachable. There is a reason why Jordan was famously called a ball hog in his career and it aint because his assist # were high. But see you would have to have seen his career first of all to know this, not watch highlight films and the end of the great Bulls dynasty. Jordan was one of the greats but no way was his career perfect. Remember Jordan didnt even make it to the Finals until another GREAT came along in Scottie Pippen. And yes Scottie Pippen is one of the Greatest player to play the game he's named in the top 50 of all time. The reason you dont remember Jordan doing anything bad is because you never saw his career but just a couple great years from him.

As for Lakers controversies there is no controversies. Lakers did nothing illegal so to compare them to Pats who actually broke a rule is reach. But nice try. All this talk about getting the calls, the top picks, cap room (which I dont think you understand NBA cap by that comment. You can go over the cap and pay the luxury tax which the Lakers do pay) and one sided trade is hater talk. We have a lottery, the stars get the calls (the Jordan rules), and 1 trade where we gave up 5 players and the biggest salary comming off the book this year to a team who is in the red on their books is not as lopsided as you think. This is a business first and if I was a owner losing millions and millions every year since buying team and your team sucks something has to be done. That would be like us losing 10 of thousands of dollars a year in our 401k, of course you would change your investment after a while. The trade wasnt about players it was a salary dump trade and Kwame just happen to be the biggest salary comming off the books this year. Gasol is a good player but he's only been to 1 allstar game. 1 Allstar game in his career nothing like Garnett who is one of the greats and Shaq who will go down as a top 5 center of all of time. Look at those trades and this lakers trade doesnt even compare. You just buy into the media hype.

Salary dump or not it was stillone of the worst ione sided trades in NBA history. They did not aquire one starter or player that averaged over 5 points a game for a guy averaging almost 19 points a game and 9 rebounds. Please dont even try to compare that to the Shaq or Garnett trade where as in Shaq's case he is getting up there in age and they still got Marion who is a fine player and Marcus Banks who is better than any player that Memphis received. Please dont even bring up the Garnett trade where they aquired one of the best young players in the game who went on to score 21 points a game and 11 rebounds. The Lakers did not cheat but it was one of the shadiest deals in history and you cannot tellme that teams did not have better deals for them. The only people that bought into the media hype was all the people that thought the Lakers were so much better than the Celts.

Memphis got 5 players for 1. obviously your not looking at the potential value of trade just what Memphis got initially. Your talking like Kwame is going to be there next year. Kwame can score 0 pts its the contract expiring that gonna help them make some moves. Kwame killer contract is off the book now for them. Is up to Memphis now to decide on what they want to do. It all depends if they use the cap space that was freed up, development of Jarvis Crit and Marc Gasol also they use the 2 first rd pick to trade up or choose quality players. Just like I hated the shaq deal because we were robbed but in the end we made the most of it, made the right moves, and at least mad a bad deal at first, ok. 3yrs later the Shaq deal ended being Odom and Gasol. Dont give me this shaq crap that he getting up there in age if it wasnt for him the Heats would been a bottom feader team like they are now instead they got a ring. As for your comment that other teams had better deal, that may be so as for player for player exchange but what position were the Grizzlies in, reload or rebuild. They choose to rebuild.

As for Marion and Marcus bank. Marion is good player but his big contract is comming off the book soon so that a relief compared to Shaq monster contract. Again its up Miami if they want to re-up or use the salary for someone else. Marcus Bank please spare me he played on a D league team in Miami. Someone had to score points for the worst team in the league. BTW i wasnt talking about the Shaq to Phx deal I was talking about the Shaq to Mia deal.

Memphis got 5 players for 1. obviously your not looking at the potential value of trade just what Memphis got initially. Your talking like Kwame is going to be there next year. Kwame can score 0 pts its the contract expiring that gonna help them make some moves. Kwame killer contract is off the book now for them. Is up to Memphis now to decide on what they want to do. It all depends if they use the cap space that was freed up, development of Jarvis Crit and Marc Gasol also they use the 2 first rd pick to trade up or choose quality players. Just like I hated the shaq deal because we were robbed but in the end we made the most of it, made the right moves, and at least mad a bad deal at first, ok. 3yrs later the Shaq deal ended being Odom and Gasol. Dont give me this shaq crap that he getting up there in age if it wasnt for him the Heats would been a bottom feader team like they are now instead they got a ring. As for your comment that other teams had better deal, that may be so as for player for player exchange but what position were the Grizzlies in, reload or rebuild. They choose to rebuild.

As for Marion and Marcus bank. Marion is good player but his big contract is comming off the book soon so that a relief compared to Shaq monster contract. Again its up Miami if they want to re-up or use the salary for someone else. Marcus Bank please spare me he played on a D league team in Miami. Someone had to score points for the worst team in the league. BTW i wasnt talking about the Shaq to Phx deal I was talking about the Shaq to Mia deal.

I hearya on the shaq deal but Critterden is not even as good as Banks and probably never will be and as for marc Gasol he is a scub even in europe. He is the untalented Gasol.

I hearya on the shaq deal but Critterden is not even as good as Banks and probably never will be and as for marc Gasol he is a scub even in europe. He is the untalented Gasol.

Crit is a rookie who hardly saw the floor in LA. The reason we draft Crit was to replace Farmar who wasnt playing to his potential. Obviously drafting Crit lit a fire under Farmer which prevented him from seeing the floor. Crit when he got to play show flashes of a good overall PG. Anyway they both have exactly the same stats so I dont even know what your talking about. You comparing a Rookie to someone who been in the league for 4 years on 4 different teams. All Banks is a added trade commodity nothing else. Anyways that besides the point. Everybody acts like Gasol is allstar every year when if fact between Lamar and Gasol they have been to a total of 1 allstar game TOTAL. Thats what we got from trading one of the greatest Centers of alltime.

Crit is a rookie who hardly saw the floor in LA. The reason we draft Crit was to replace Farmar who wasnt playing to his potential. Obviously drafting Crit lit a fire under Farmer which prevented him from seeing the floor. Crit when he got to play show flashes of a good overall PG. Anyway they both have exactly the same stats so I dont even know what your talking about. You comparing a Rookie to someone who been in the league for 4 years on 4 different teams. All Banks is a added trade commodity nothing else. Anyways that besides the point. Everybody acts like Gasol is allstar every year when if fact between Lamar and Gasol they have been to a total of 1 allstar game TOTAL. Thats what we got from trading one of the greatest Centers of alltime.

thats in retrospect The reality was they got Odom, Butler, Grant and a draft pick. Grant was a solid player prior to the trade,Butler is now an all star and Odom is a good player. Blame Kobe for that mess anyway. Also cannot help the team was so stupid to trade Butler for Kwame Brown. This trade was no where as lopsided as the Gasol trade where probably not one player traded for gasol will ever be an NBA starter.

As for Critterdon he will never even be the player that Banks is.

WHAT !!!!!!!! GRANT WAS A SOLID PLAYER IN PORTLAND. Butler is a allstar, good player no doubt but he wasnt a allstar his rookie year so dont criticize J. Critt cause trust me he gonna be a good player. Butler for Kwame was a bad move no doubt but we had no Center and tons of guards. Here we go again blame kobe thing. You being from florida and possible being a heat fan probably know the exact reason Shaq was traded. For the same reason he was traded this year. Jerry Buss wasnt going to invest 120+ million dollars for a guy who not willing to get in shape, lazy and unmotivated, and kept bashing the owner to pay him well into his 30's. Part of it was kobe and part of it was shaq own doing. In the end it was the right move. Lakers are young and right back in contention without shaq. Same thing happen this year with shaq, lazy, unmotivated, bashing the soon to be part owner Pat Riley. The heat got lucky they suckered the suns into a trade. Coincidence, I think not that just the way shaq is.

Please enlighten me on your observation of J. Crit. I would really love to know. Your basing this on half a season. Crit can do everything a PG should do, drive, pass, nice outside shot and awareness. This kid has has alot or raw talent. Marcus Bank gonna be on another team in couple years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tyv6dE8QZw

WHAT !!!!!!!! GRANT WAS A SOLID PLAYER IN PORTLAND. Butler is a allstar, good player no doubt but he wasnt a allstar his rookie year so dont criticize J. Critt cause trust me he gonna be a good player. Butler for Kwame was a bad move no doubt but we had no Center and tons of guards. Here we go again blame kobe thing. You being from florida and possible being a heat fan probably know the exact reason Shaq was traded. For the same reason he was traded this year. Jerry Buss wasnt going to invest 120+ million dollars for a guy who not willing to get in shape, lazy and unmotivated, and kept bashing the owner to pay him well into his 30's. Part of it was kobe and part of it was shaq own doing. In the end it was the right move. Lakers are young and right back in contention without shaq. Same thing happen this year with shaq, lazy, unmotivated, bashing the soon to be part owner Pat Riley. The heat got lucky they suckered the suns into a trade. Coincidence, I think not that just the way shaq is.

Please enlighten me on your observation of J. Crit. I would really love to know. Your basing this on half a season.

I am a celtics fan.

As for J Crit as you call him. Not a very effecient point guard type so will basically become just another shooting guard and his shooting is nothing special. Best attributes are his driving ability. He is also a mediocre defender who should be much better. Even if he turns out to be an ok player at best the trade was extremely lopsided. The 19th pick for pau Gasol.

The Jury still out. Like I said it going to take a couple years to evaluate the players involved. Pau Gasol is a good player but I dont even think he's even a top 25 player in the league. Has talent but he's been playing the wrong position since comming into the league. He's a PF not C. Every trade is lopsided. No such thing as a even trade. The one in need usually get the bad end of the stick.

Back
Top Bottom