The OFFICIAL draft Ken Dorsey in 2003 thread! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The OFFICIAL draft Ken Dorsey in 2003 thread!

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
:)

Ken Dorsey will win the Heisman and be drafted by the Miami Dolphins with the 32nd pick in the first round!

:)

Actually, Dorsey will have an off year, since nearly the entire team was drafted. This will cause his draft stock to drop to the second round, where we have our first pick, since Ricky Williams rushes for 1800 yards, and we wind up giving our 1st rounder to the Saints.

:D

Dorsey will then sit behind Jay Fiedler and learn for a year, and then comes in to start in 2004.

how's that?

Ken Dorsey Will Be the #1 Pick!...In the 6th Round

The guy has a decent arm, good mechanics, and makes pretty good reads, but he has nothing on his lanky frame and is not that mobile. In answer to your question on another thread about Receivers getting the snot knocked out of them and getting up it's much, much different. The kinetics of a mobile target (such as a receiver) vs. those of a stationary one (i.e. a QB) are such that the mobile target will deflect much of the force from the impact of a defender because he's moving whereas a QB who is stationary in the pocket will absorb the entire, bone-crushing hit since he's just standing there. The only time the hits on receivers are worse than those on QB's is when the receiver is running a crossing route (or something of that nature) and a DB is coming full speed in the opposite direction. In this case two opposing momentous forces collide with the receiver generally being on the short end of the proverbial stick.

Most of the time receivers do not take those types of bone jarring hits more than a couple times a season whereas a QB will take, at least, two or three per game if his line is good. Even QB's with good lines and low sack numbers get rocked a couple times a game regardless of whether there's a sack or not.

Dorsey will not make it through an entire season with the frame he has and there's likely not a lot he can do to build it up much or he would've done it already. I know you love the guy Ice, but he's another Danny Wuerfful type QB: great in college, nada in the pros.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by dolfan87
Actually, Dorsey will have an off year, since nearly the entire team was drafted. This will cause his draft stock to drop to the second round, where we have our first pick, since Ricky Williams rushes for 1800 yards, and we wind up giving our 1st rounder to the Saints.

:D

Dorsey will then sit behind Jay Fiedler and learn for a year, and then comes in to start in 2004.

how's that?
RW will be benched ag. NE with the score 35-3 and a total of 1794 yards in the 2nd quarter and Edwards will get run all over his ex-team. :D

P.S. I'd rather see Cade play than Dorsey.

Personally...

...I'd rather have the little Manning than Dorsey.

Jeff

Actually 39, Ricky only needs to hit 1600 yards for them to get our first. I say "only" because I put that 1800 thing up there before.

Originally posted by dolfan87
Actually 39, Ricky only needs to hit 1600 yards for them to get our first. I say "only" because I put that 1800 thing up there before.

Actully you are both wrong, if Ricky rushes for 1200 yards the Saints take our 2nd round pick, if he rushes for 1500 they take our 1st.

Ya, I agree that Dorsey is a glorified Wuerfell. He has no shot at the first round if you ask me. He has better WRs this season, nut less at TE, RB and Oline, but there is still a hell of a lot of talent on that team. More players on the roster now will get drafted then in previous years, they are just so stocked, unbelieveable depth on that roster.

Why do all Hurricane fans believe that every player that comes out of there school are the greatest players in the entire league? And if the Dolphins don't draft them then the Dolphins are idiots? And why must the Dolphins and Hurricanes be attached at the hip in some people's minds? Because they both happen to be in Miami? UofMiami is a great football school, and they produce NFL quality players. That doesn't mean they are the best NFL quality players and that damn sure doesn't mean the Dolphins should go and draft them JUST BECAUSE they went to UofMiami!

Dorsey is a perfect example. Great college QB,....who won't do squat in the NFL. He doesn't have the size and he will struggle. IF he makes it great, if not then so be. But people saying the Dolphins must go out of there way to get this guy is nuts. And it is more nuts that people ripped Miami's draft last weekend because they didn't take a player from UofMiami. GET OVER IT!

TedDanson.....

plain and simple, people are afraid of the unknown. They like to identify with certain players and hope the Dolphins pick them, so they aren't in the dark. Long ago I used to be the same way, but my eyes were opened, thank GOD!!!!!!

Geez I know this is the off season but the dorsey idea is rediculous.. lets try to get through this year with the AVAILABLE players we have ...Dorsey might be some kind of prospect but thats it ..and not now !!! Next year!

Things will change throughout the year. Who would have thought Dave Carr would be the first pick of this years draft last year!

Well, I had Carr rated in the top 3 QBs before this season started. I had Harrington 1 and Kittner 2 at the time with Carr at 3, but Kittner fell and Carr rose.

I was real impressed with Carr when Fresno State played Air Force in a bowl game.

I'll tell you another Fresno State player to watch for next year.

Nick Burley, 6-5 250 lbs, defensive end. I was very impressed with him in the Silicon Valley Classic against Michigan State.

Re: Personally...

Originally posted by JeffJewell
...I'd rather have the little Manning than Dorsey.

Jeff

Eli Manning, Grossman, and Leftwich are some of a few college QBs with more talent than Dorsey, but with our pick none of those guys will be available, and it will be Dorsey time in Miami!

Actually, "Dorsey time" doesn't even need to be discussed for another 9 months or so. Chances are he will be be a #3 QB in the NFL but why talk about it now when nobody has any idea what's going to happen next year. Besides, with the loss of the best starters on the offense, chances are that he'll see a drop off in production next year coupled with a severe decline in draft standing. When that happens we can start the "Should we sign Dorsey as an undrafted free agent?" thread. :lol: :lol: " :p

Back
Top Bottom