***the official eat crow thread (tannehill)*** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***the official eat crow thread (tannehill)***

[video=youtube;kvV5S2b_-Gg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvV5S2b_-Gg[/video]

Both seem pretty clueless. Though surprisingly the one on the left has been pretty accurate.

I was sitting at home watching the draft and I was begging the tv not to announce that we had drafted Tannehill. " Please don't pick Tannehill, Please don't pick Tannehill ". I repeated those words for several minutes. After they called his name I yelled and pissed and moaned...... I WAS WRONG.......And I love it

a couple thoughts...well actually a few....ive had a fewwww too many to hit backspace instead in ..... i never really watch espn, after seeing clips skip bayless = dueche. pretty much it. unless they let mcshay take his spot who actually seemed to argue with a clear head then yup will continue not to watch unless a game is on.

the axe clip above me, well next to the dolphins as my first infatuation in life the second is the series "scrubs" ive seen every episode a million times and if anyone on here is a fan of the show like i am, then the dude on the left so reminds me of JD's brother dan talking to dr cox in the episode "my brother where art thou" good kid, smart kid.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYXHvpq3oSw go to 7:00 and tell me the guy on right doesnt remind you of dan....presentation, feeling

and yes ill eat crow, i defended garrard to my upmost potential, but alot of it was just as much homerism as anything. i"ve never put on a fins jersey in my life nor have i put on a ecu jersey, i wouldve had to have shoulder surgery to play college ball and didnt elect to go that route so i wanted to work in athletics instead ala sports medicine. i stood on sidelines in my ecu athletics gear in amazement watching garrards arm in practice, every year from the point he was drafted til the point i became a henne lover i traded for garrard in madden, i just wanted to see one season where my fav all time pirate sported a fins jersey in starting line up. if it makes me eat crow to want the hero of my college years whom i spent time on sideline with start for my favorite team im sorry but ill eat. im sure not too many people on the site have spent time with a dolphins starting qb....even if it was just in training camp he started.

i have no clue where we would've been if we would've started moore or garrard this season.....all i know is its somewhere between 0-6 and 6-0 but im happy with RT having us at 3-3 since last season.

so yeah ill eat crow.

but at same time i think in one of the posters forums, where you can win this jersey if you guess right i had RT starting week 2, i said we'd trade moore and garrard would get hurt week one forcing start. ill munch on my crow, ill deep fry it and drink a beer with it. but at same time dont feel im really eating crow cause never knocked RT just was nuttin on the thought of seeing garrard in a fins jersey.....ooops....."doctor said i needed a backiotomy"

This especially applies to the "Matt Moore should be starting" crowd. Haven't heard from any of you lately.
I loved the pick, didn't know if he would be great or a bust, but with the new rookie salary cap I knew we had to take a chance on a QB with huge upside and RT was that pick. I was very glad we took him at 8, but I really thought that sitting him for at least half a year would be the way to go. He has definitely proven me wrong. I will be the first to eat my crow, it would have been a mistake to sit him behind ANYONE, Matt Moore included.

I still think looking back that could have very possibly been the plan. That is what all the coaches were saying, and I believe them. Their PLAN was to sit him until he was ready. The only problem was he outplayed everyone else and played his way on to the field. He is definitely far more mature than I could have expected.

I didn't like Tannehill coming out as a high pick, I thought he was worthy of a high 2nd rounder at best. Hey, the kid has proved me wrong thus far and nobody is happier than me, but I am not eating any damn crow 6 games into his career when he has yet to play in anything resembling a big game. If I am clearly wrong after a full season or two, then I will gladly eat crow, but nothing is guaranteed with Tannehill going forward and I'm not going to call him a superstar after 3 NFL wins.

I think we can clearly see the talent, poise and potential of a franchise QB here.

Yes, as always it has to be accomplished in the future, but I don't think its a stretch to say that we drafted a fine young QB to lead this team into the future.

I have to admit that Rt is playing better than I could have imagined. I supported Matt moore as the starter until RT was groomed to take over.
Funny thing is, I think we would have been 3-3 with MM if he would have played. Going forward, getting the reps for RT is a plus.
He is arguably the best QB that came out in 2012 based upon stats and wins. Shermin and Philbin made the right call.

I wasnt crazy about tannehill at first, but then again I wanted either brady quinn or patrick willis instead of ginn and clearly quinn would have been a mistake. Im loving this pick now to say the least. not the ginn pick obviously

This especially applies to the "Matt Moore should be starting" crowd. Haven't heard from any of you lately.

Fair enough: then listen up!!!

I favored MOORE over TANNEHILL, even though MOORE isn't accustomed to the WCO. I felt that TANNEHILL, although a fantastic athlete and athletically more gifted than MOORE, just didn't have enough experience to be ready to start anytime soon. Obviously PHILBIN, SHERMAN et al felt otherwise, and THEY WERE RIGHT! I guess that that's why THEY are where they are, and I'm here. You know what? I don't mind eating THIS "crow" at all...it's gourmet "crow". The biggest surprise for me is not TANNEHILL's physical ability. We all knew that he had all the physical ability in the World, and all the "tools". NO SIR!!! What surprises me is that he grasps the mental aspect of the game, AND he leads, AND he's confident, AND he'll take any challenge thrown his way. The gameplan had become for opponents to stack the "box", and force TANNEHILL to beat them w/his arm. So, that's exactly what he has been doing. Were it not for our K letting us down twice, TANNEHILL would have lost his very 1st game, then "won out". He deserved better, but even so, he's 3-3 right now.

Yup...this is GOURMET "CROW"--the sirloin steak of the "crow" world. And having just dined on it, I FEEL GREAT!!!

As a footnote, to put all this in its proper perspective, I haven't seen such poise, confidence, leadership, and ability in a Rookie QB since---well---1983!!!

QED.

Back
Top Bottom