The official experts' picks thread- Tenn | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The official experts' picks thread- Tenn

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
By Vinnie Iyer
AFC GAME OF THE WEEK

Miami at Tennessee. Last time I checked, the Dolphins still had Ricky Williams on their roster, although you wouldn't know it, because they rushed him only 13 times in an at-the-wire home loss to the Colts last week. Assuming they work Williams back into the game plan, Brian Griese will have some good opportunities to exploit the Titans' 31st-ranked pass defense off play-action.

The Dolphins are now looking up at the Patriots in the AFC East, so if they put together a solid all-around effort out of desperation, then this could be the score: Dolphins 17, Titans 13.

But wait, the Titans are at home and have had extra time to prepare for Miami after an open week. Steve McNair is well-rested and ready to gun the ball. Even without Drew Bennett, the Titans can negate the Dolphins' good base-set cornerback coverage and help McNair by spreading the field with Derrick Mason, Justin McCareins and Tyrone Calico.

There's more. The Titans have excelled at shutting down good running games by using five-man fronts. On the pass rush, Jevon Kearse will get his freak on against rookie left tackle Wade Smith. My confident pick: Titans 14, Dolphins 10.
I like 17-13 better, though I will suffer watching it for sure

I'm tired of hearing people complain about Ricky only having 13 carries last week. The Colts stuffed the run and if they kept giving him the ball the result would have been:
3 and out
3 and out
3 and out
3 and out
3 and out
3 and out
3 and out
3 and out

OK

Re: Re: The official experts' picks thread- Tenn

Originally posted by DeDolfan

I thought kearse was a LDE.

The best DE on the team is usually a RE since most QB's are right-handed, making the RE his blindside.

Back
Top Bottom