**The Official MLB Instant Replay Thread!** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**The Official MLB Instant Replay Thread!**

SpaceMountain16

Disgruntled
Reaction score
We've all seen instances of why the MLB needs instant replay. Heck in the last week i've seen the Phillies lose TWO games because of incompetent officiating on the part of the umpires (my major beef being calling a FOUL BALL a HOME RUN rather than the play at the plate). I know people would like to see the game become more fast pace and sped up, and feel instant replay would prevent that, but i think putting games in the hands of some of these officials is an absolute disgrace.

Cant they at least have two base line umpires like in the playoffs!?

What would YOU do?

i would be for instant replay in only few situations. btw, MLB if you want to speed up the game, stop building little *** stadiums like the Reds stadium. it looks like a high school field.

I wouldn't mind having it. If you can get visual evidence to correct a call why not use it? However, if the Phillies keep losing games from lack of instant replay then I won't mind not having it either.

I never got how some stadiums have ques-tech and some don't. If baseball is going to use it, then use it at every stadium.

If fans want the game to speed up than take away some of the ridiculous rituals like Garciapopups away.

I would ONLY use replay for HOME RUN calls. There have been way too many plays over the past few years where home runs were missed because these umps can't see the play.

Can't use replay for home plate or 1st base SAFE/OUT calls. You have to leave those in the hands of the umps.

I would ONLY use replay for HOME RUN calls. There have been way too many plays over the past few years where home runs were missed because these umps can't see the play.

Can't use replay for home plate or 1st base SAFE/OUT calls. You have to leave those in the hands of the umps.

I would only use it for home run calls also. I dont see a home run as a "Judgment Call" it's either on one side of the pole, or the other, there's no timing involved, it shouldn't be the umpires decision to make when it's close.

If there were instant replay i'm not sure if the White Sox beat the Angels in the ALCS a few seasons ago. Though i'm against it. If it's just for homerun calls I could live with it.

Over the course of a season I think it tends to even itself out. The playoffs are different because they're short series. Though I don't like how the NHL adopts different rules for the playoffs so I wouldn't like MLB using different rules for the regular season. I believe games are in the hands of the players.

Back
Top Bottom