The Official Starters for 2004-05 season??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Starters for 2004-05 season???

brad_bulldawg54

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Alright guys,,now that the draft is over and we have basically been through free angency and we may add a few more names but not alot,,,,what do you guys think is gonna be the starting roster next year,,heres my prediction and i hope its close......

-OFFENSE-

QB-A.Feeley
RB-R.Williams
FB-R.Konrad
TE-R.Mcmicheal
WR-D.Boston
WR-C.Chambers
WR-J.R.Tolver
LT-W.Smith
LG-J.James
C-S.Mckinney
RG-J.St.Clair(until macintosh is healthy)
RT-V.Carey

-DEFENSE-

DE-J.Taylor
DT-T.Bowens
DT-L.Chester
DE-D.Bowens :cry: (why ogun why.....)
OLB-J.Seau
MLB-Z.Thomas
OLB-E.Moore
CB-P.Surtain
FS-A.Edwards
SS-S.Knight
CB-S.Madison
CB-R.Howard
CB-W.Poole

-SPECIAL TEAMS-

K-O.Mare
P-M.Turk
KR-T.Wilkins.....T.Minor
PR-T.Wilkins

Thompson will be the #3 WR but other then that it looks nice

That is the way to win the Super Bowl - play 12 men on offense and 13 on defence. Do you think anyone will notice?

lol, Scottphin is right, why do you have 12 and 13 starters? There should only be 11. Also, Greenwood will start not Moore. Moore is only 70% healed and even if he was 100% Greenwood would still start.

Morlon over Eddie Moore. Morlon has done real well for this defense in his "role" and has gotten alot of respect from Zach Thomas in an article that I read a while back.

Eddie Moore is 70% healthy right now. No way he beats out Morlon with Morlons' showing last year.

Also, they said they are going to run less 3-LB sets this year. They said that Howard will be on the field more then Greenwood this season.

Well my bad guys i was just posting the depth i was saying that i thought J.R would be the 3rd reciever and i posted the order i thought the cornerbacks would be in....it wasnt a formatyion or anything.....but yeah i do kinda agree on morlon starting over eddie..but like nublar7 said we will be using reggie howard more that greenwood.

SE - David Boston
LT - Wade Smith
LG - Jeno James
C - Seth McKinney
RG - Tony Pape
RT - Vernon Carey
TE - Randy McMichael
FK - Chris Chambers
QB - A.J. Feeley
FB - Rob Konrad
TB - Ricky Williams
PK - Olindo Mare

Marvin Minnis will be the slot receiver that comes in during passing situations. Travis Minor will see a lot of third down action this year. Donald Lee will also get a lot of playing time as the second tight end.

RDE - Jason Taylor
RDT - Larry Chester
LDT - Tim Bowens
LDE - Adewale Ogunleye
WLB - Junior Seau
MLB - Zach Thomas
SLB - Morlon Greenwood
RCB - Sam Madison
LCB - Patrick Surtain
SS - Sammy Knight
FS - Arturo Freeman
P - Matt Turk

Reggie Howard and Will Poole will see the field a lot. Ogunleye will be resigned to a long term deal before training camp.

I like that one KBISBACK,,but i dont see tony pape starting this year maybe next..and i dont see arturo freeman starting he will be a great special team player for us...like tony bua

I believe Arturo will be pushed for his job, but it won't be by the player everyone thinks it will be. I've got a feeling Antuan Edwards, who signed just a one year deal, could be released. The guy I feel will challenge Arturo for the free safety spot is Yeremiah Bell.

Also, keep an eye on UDFA Quinton Williams at safety.

I have an idea,,,,why dont we try will poole at safety and re-sign T-buck to be the dime corner,,,,i mean it wouldnt hurt alot of experts are predicting him to become a saftey in his carrer sometime...plus he has size and speed and can hit hard and can do something brock marion couldnt do COVER!!!!!!!!

I believe he will make a strong push.

Physically, technically, and mentally, he's ready to step in and play right away. He's got the strength the Dolphins want along the OL, and he's been very well coached at Michigan.

IMO, the biggest reason he dropped to the 7th round is the idea that he has probably maxed out his ability. I don't know if he will get any bigger or stronger than he is already, and the only way I see him getting better once in the league is by experience.

I believe the starting job will come down to between Tony Pape and Taylor Whitley. Moving St. Clair there might bet tempting, but doing that would leave the team with no credible reserve at offensive tackle. I can't see Greg Jerman going from getting cut last year to becoming a starter this year.

I agree the roster is pretty much set now, the biggest thing going into TC though is who is our QB. I dont know if I believe that Fiedler really has a chance at starting so Im going to assume that Feeley already has the starting job in hand barring injury.

QB:Feeley(Hope he can make a smooth transition to starter)
RB:Williams
FB:Konrad
TE:Mcmichael
WR:Chambers
WR:Boston
LT:Smith
LG:James
C:Mckinney
RG:St.Clair
RT:Carey
DE:JT
DE:David Bowens/O-Gun (Depends on if O-Gun resigns or is traded or just holds out)
DT:T-Bo
DT:Chester
MLB:Thomas
OLB:Seau
OLB:Greenwood
SS:Knight
FS:Antuan Edwards ( Freeman has been given alot of opprotunities to prove himself and it seems to me that he doesnt have what it takes to be a full time starter)
K:Mare
P:Turk
LS:perry

oh yea, forgot the corners. Madison and Surtain obviously, but I expect Howard to get alot of playing time. Madison is such an overrated choke artist, Id love to see Reggie take his starting spot. But the fans love Sam (I am Bad) so the FO wouldnt dare cross the fans.

Back
Top Bottom