The Oline and other questions. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Oline and other questions.

Fletch Longhorn

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Can you guys give me a rundown of the offensive line? A little analysis of the starters and main backups with their strengths and weakensses would be perfect. I'm trying to get a feel for how this team will shape up for the 2002 season. It was hard watching Ricky play in NO because the Oline was very very overrated. THe interior line was very bad in regards to run blocking. As a unit, it was below average in my opinion, and when Roaf went out, it was very poor. Turley was the only good player on that unit. How does Miami's compare to NOs? What are the age and experience of these lineman?

Are the WRs good at blocking downfield? The Saints WRs were TERRIBLE in this regard and is the main reason RW didn't have many runs of over 20 yards.

What will the Miami draft look like? Will we get some guys for the OL or TE? DL and safety?

Any SERIOUS free agent possibilites out there for us?

Who will back up RW? Travis Minor?

Will Minor give up his #34 jersey? I'm sure RW will make him an offer he can't refuse, but how tied to #34 is Minor. If Minor won't give it up, Ricky will wear #37 to honor his good friend Doak Walker.

When and where is training camp?

Where can I find Miami's 02 schedule?

Sorry for all the questions guys. As a new fin fan, I would like to be as edcuated as possible. If there is anything about RW or the Saints yall want to know, just ask!

Um from left to right it will probably be

Smith Dixon(for all I know) Ruddy Searcy Wade

Smith is a good run blocker, but so so pass blocker

Dixon is pretty solid all around, but had a big injury in 2001, dunno if he will be the same

Ruddy made the pro bowl a couple years back. Fairly solid, but I wish we could have gotten Kruetz

Searcy is Searcy (getting older though)

Wade is a young RT we drafted a couple years ago. He is VERY solid and a good run blocker.

I dunno the ages of the O-line.

It will be Robert Edwards or Travis Minor. Minor could just end up being a situational back.

I heard someone say that the person with seniority in the league (In this case RW) gets their #. Just how Dave does it.

You can go to miamidolphins.com and find the people we face.

I dunno where training camp is heh, I live in California ;P

The 2002 schedule will be out the first week of April.

We will play at home:
Bills
Jets
Pats
Raiders
Lions
Ravens
Bears
Chargers

We will play away:
Bills
Jets
Pats
Broncos
Chiefs
Colts
Packers
Vikings

The training facility is in Davie, FL right outside of Miami
I read that Ricky Williams will work out with the team starting April 1st, so maybe that is the first day of training camp. :confused:

***The first pre-season game is Aug 8th in Tampa against the Bucs***

Fletch

Don't get to used to Miami's line yet, It may be drastically altered in the near future...

You are probably looking at Todd Wade at Right Tackle and Ruddy at Center, after that there are several variables...
Miami will probably draft an OL early to start or at least be worked into start, but with Miami having Brent Smith, Marcus Spriggs and Dixon go out with injuries last year, I wouldn't be suprised if you see another body or two still signed to a contract.

Kreutz is a disappointment, but center is far from our biggest problem.

Don't worry about Ricky, they will get him some lineman to block.

Originally posted by Fletch Longhorn
Can you guys give me a rundown of the offensive line? A little analysis of the starters and main backups with their strengths and weakensses would be perfect. I'm trying to get a feel for how this team will shape up for the 2002 season. It was hard watching Ricky play in NO because the Oline was very very overrated. THe interior line was very bad in regards to run blocking. As a unit, it was below average in my opinion, and when Roaf went out, it was very poor. Turley was the only good player on that unit. How does Miami's compare to NOs? What are the age and experience of these lineman?

Are the WRs good at blocking downfield? The Saints WRs were TERRIBLE in this regard and is the main reason RW didn't have many runs of over 20 yards.

What will the Miami draft look like? Will we get some guys for the OL or TE? DL and safety?

Any SERIOUS free agent possibilites out there for us?

Who will back up RW? Travis Minor?

Will Minor give up his #34 jersey? I'm sure RW will make him an offer he can't refuse, but how tied to #34 is Minor. If Minor won't give it up, Ricky will wear #37 to honor his good friend Doak Walker.

When and where is training camp?

Where can I find Miami's 02 schedule?

Sorry for all the questions guys. As a new fin fan, I would like to be as edcuated as possible. If there is anything about RW or the Saints yall want to know, just ask!

Everybody in Lewisville TX says Ricky is a local, but I found out RW was born in San Diego. Whats with that? Did he grow up there or something?

Yea Ricky said that San Diego and Miami are the 2 greatest cities. I guess that would imply he was born and raised there. :confused:

In Norvs Offense I don't think there will be much third down back next year, look for them to use minor on special teams and maybe a 5th wide receiver in those kind of plays.

Call me mr. negative but I think Minor will be the number 2 back unless Edwards shows Wanny and Norv something special.

Thanks for the replies fellas. Yes, Ricky is from Patrick Henry High School in San Diego. He has a twin sister and a younger sister. He used his baseball signing bonus to help pay for their education and move his mom down to Austin.

Thanks for the replies fellas. Yes, Ricky is from Patrick Henry High School in San Diego. He has a twin sister and a younger sister. He used his baseball signing bonus to help pay for their education and move his mom down to Austin.

Apparently you did not pay any attention to miadphan13's avatar ! Because if there is one Dolphin fan that you cannot classify as a FELLOW, miadphan13 would fall into that category !!!! Marino1983 ;) :D Sorry but for some reason my last post didn't make it ...

Back
Top Bottom