The One Sure Thing In This Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The One Sure Thing In This Draft

Da 'Fins

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
We'll get our 15 minutes of fame ... finally.

Even if we don't trade down, we'll get a 12-15 minute conversation about our pick or a trade, and whomever we pick we'll get plenty of highlights.

For years, it seems, our draft slot has basically been an afterthought.

That's if nothing happens beforehand. Things are really starting to heat up now as everyone is jockying for position.

The one sure thing about this draft is there is no sure thing.

I have a particular interest in this years draft because of a Utah player being touted so highly, so I have been watching this draft closer than others. I have never seen so much smoke screen as I am seeing on this thing though.

My opinion is that the only reason that San Fran is "targeting" Alex Smith now is because they didn't like the fact that Miami was getting all of the trade talk and it pissed them off. I don't think that Alex Smith goes to the niners. I think they are posturing to get some possible trade opportunities.

I think Tampa Bay is so full of **** with everything that they have been floating. I don't believe a single word they are saying about anything. So if they say they have a strong interest in Smith/Rodgers I tend to believe that they don't.

I am positive that Minnesota wants a receiver and I believe that reciever has got to be edwards. They are not in a position to bluff any one and therefore are not trying.

Washington? I think they may have their interest turning towards one of the qbs at the top, ie Smith/Rodgers. Everything I have seen says that they are targetting Edwards, so I don't believe it. Besides, their qb situation is pathetic right now. They have got to know that. They are being very quite about the top two qbs and hyping alot of other players (including lower rated qbs).

Saban is holding his cards very close. I don't think he is putting up alot of smoke, but he is being very guarded with his comments. He is saying all of the right things, but not giving too much away. I still hope that Alex Smith is a Dolphin, and that very well could happen, but I will not be surprised by anything. I think Saban has a plan and that things are going to go according to his plan.

Back
Top Bottom