The ones who dissapointed and suprised me at the senior bowl practices. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The ones who dissapointed and suprised me at the senior bowl practices.

Dors156

He's Backkkkk
Reaction score
Suprises
Tye Hill-i saw a really good performance all week from him.i thoguth his size would kill him only being 5'9 but he still dominated.mayock had him as an early second rounder i have him now at a late first rounder.

Charlie Whitehurst-I watched him in some games this year liked him but in the practices he made good throws.he has good footwork and mechanics.

Brodie Croyle-hes moving up to a mid second rounder as of now definatly.i denied him being good because i saw that bama and auburn game.but if ou give him play makers he can get the job done.

sinorice moss-i saw that he can be effective when he goes across the middle.he can out run corners and make big time catches at his size.

D'Brick-havnt seen much of him all season but he showed greatness this week.

NEED TO SEE MORE

Jay cutler-he was great but norm chow is working with him on his crazy foot work.thats the only negative to him.great arm almost perfect.

Eric winston-was inconsistent all week long.he would make a great play then next play just get burnt.he was supposed to be a first round pick now hes a second rounder.

Gabe Watson-i liked what he did this week but as ive seen and heard he lacks consistency and doesnt go all out on all plays.

Your thoughts?

i only watched the show today... and here is who Kiper & Co. commented on that i caught:

Impressive week of practice:

Tie Hill, Clem. CB has "solidified himself as a first-rounder"
Tamba Hill, DE, PSU
Kelly Jennings, CB, Miami
Mercedes Lewis, TE
Lawrence Vickers, FB, Colo.
Brady Croyle, QB, Alabama ... "has vaulted from being a 4-5 to a second-rounder"
Manny Lawson, LB, NC State... dominated at times, compared to DeMarcus Ware...

Disappointed, or "needs to step it up":

Kiwanuka, BC, def. end.
DJ Shockley, QB, Ga.
Darrell Hackney, QB, UAB... "just not accurate"

i kinda fell asleep and didn't catch the second half of the show... but those were some names i remember as having good/bad weeks...

I've been watching it to and Tye Hill's cover ability is awesome. I've never seen a corner move as fast as him in my life. He could start on the Dolphins right now. Just on his pure cover skills. And he hasn't even played corner that long.

man i was watching gabe watson he impressed me a lot but that inconsitency is a major flaw that my make saban pass on his in the second round if he is there. d'brickshaw ferguson has just been dominating out there i learned he is a black belt in karate which is very good for his feet work which he was excellent in, i just wish we had a shot at him. mathias kiw....from bc has been a major dissapointment for me he was falling a lot and d'brick was just man-handleing him. also the cb from clemson has looked great so have the linebackers.

Nappy Roots said:
i think your putting to much emphasis on these practices

tell that to phillip rivers and many of the other players that shot up the draft due to these practices.

Nappy Roots said:
i think your putting to much emphasis on these practices

Or not enough. These first 3 days of practice are HUGE for these players.

PublixSubsRule said:
man i was watching gabe watson he impressed me a lot but that inconsitency is a major flaw that my make saban pass on his in the second round if he is there. d'brickshaw ferguson has just been dominating out there i learned he is a black belt in karate which is very good for his feet work which he was excellent in, i just wish we had a shot at him. mathias kiw....from bc has been a major dissapointment for me he was falling a lot and d'brick was just man-handleing him. also the cb from clemson has looked great so have the linebackers.

they also commented that Ferguson, while a terrific athlete, has not put on the weight they expected and needs to get meaner and bulkier... His run-blocking hasn't been great... And one guy said they don't see him as a "Top 5" player...

Kiwanuka, BC, def. end.
DJ Shockley, QB, Ga.

I'm not disappointed in Shockley or Hackney because I didn't think very highly of either, & didn't think Shockley would be drafted. Disappointed in the lack of pass rush by Kiwanuka. Extremely disappointed in the hands of Derek Hagan, thought to be the best senior WR, not anymore.

PressCoverage said:
i only watched the show today... and here is who Kiper & Co. commented on that i caught:

Impressive week of practice:

Tie Hill, Clem. CB has "solidified himself as a first-rounder"
Tamba Hill, DE, PSU
Kelly Jennings, CB, Miami
Mercedes Lewis, TE
Lawrence Vickers, FB, Colo.
Brady Croyle, QB, Alabama ... "has vaulted from being a 4-5 to a second-rounder"
Manny Lawson, LB, NC State... dominated at times, compared to DeMarcus Ware...

Kiwanuka, BC, def. end.
DJ Shockley, QB, Ga.

i kinda fell asleep and didn't catch the second half of the show... but those were some names i remember as having good/bad weeks...

No shock on the report on D. Hackney.
How anyone was excited about us drafting this guy amazes me.

SpeedRush99 said:
Or not enough. These first 3 days of practice are HUGE for these players.

so your saying you should pretty much throw everything in their careers out the window and judge by this game? thats basically what alot of people on this board is doing. If a guy is unimpressive in a couple practices, people are ready to drop him rounds.

if leinart was in this game and had a few unimpressive practices, alot of people on this board would say they didnt want him. its definitly huge in some ways, but not as some people are making it out to be.

so your saying you should pretty much throw everything in their careers out the window and judge by this game? thats basically what alot of people on this board is doing. If a guy is unimpressive in a couple practices, people are ready to drop him rounds.

That's what happens at these practices. They are so very important. They could raise you a round or two, or drop you just the same. Now is when you're facing the best of the best.

Is funny but of all the guys I've been watching al week the one that seems to always been doing a great job is Nick Mangold, the center from Ohio ST.....Nobody has gotten pass him in the one on one drills....this guys is now the top rated center on the board...he's a leader and plays with the mean streak that you'd want your center to play with.I know that we could use a LT but we could draft this guy in the 2nd round and move Hadnot back to guard where he played good, other than his fault starts.Anyway,Mangold looks impresive out there and I'm sure that Nick is taking notice.Anyone else notice him too?

Ozzy rules!!

Is funny but of all the guys I've been watching al week the one that seems to always been doing a great job is Nick Mangold, the center from Ohio ST.....Nobody has gotten pass him in the one on one drills....this guys is now the top rated center on the board...he's a leader and plays with the mean streak that you'd want your center to play with.

Gabe Watson did get by him once today, but it happens.

.I know that we could use a LT but we could draft this guy in the 2nd round and move Hadnot back to guard where he played good, other than his fault starts.Anyway,Mangold looks impresive out there and I'm sure that Nick is taking notice.Anyone else notice him too?

We could certainly use a center too. He would probably solve our interior line problems & hopefully Hadnot will become more disciplined.

Back
Top Bottom