The only real issue coming up this season may be our expectations and reality! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The only real issue coming up this season may be our expectations and reality!

thewicked1isher said:
That was better than a motivational speech from Matt Foley!

Thanks. I'll be extracting glass from my a** in a van down by the river...

painnotpleasure said:
Well said. Great quote.

It's an awesome qutoe. And it should serve as a message to the fans that are letting their expectations get out of control. Saban himself is warning the players and fans about expectations. One play at a time baby. One play at a time.

:D Ok i don't care how you judge me after I say this. We will not have a losing season. I dont mean this in an offending way I just see to much talent and such great coaches that we have to win at least 8. I'm not saying were going to go undefeated or anything but im more in 8 or 9 wins spot. I just can't see back to back losing seasons even with new systems, coaches and everything.

wazzy said:
:D Ok i don't care how you judge me after I say this. We will not have a losing season. I dont mean this in an offending way I just see to much talent and such great coaches that we have to win at least 8. I'm not saying were going to go undefeated or anything but im more in 8 or 9 wins spot. I just can't see back to back losing seasons even with new systems, coaches and everything.

I think 8-8 is a reasonable expectation. I'm thinking 7-9, 8-8. If we do better than that, then I am pleasently surprised and very happy.

After the Dolphins blow Denver off the field Sept. 11 I think expectations will change. I'm betting a lot of $ on that game. This game will give the Fins a ton of confidence.

VanDolPhan said:
I've always stated we will finish about 6-10. Moderate improvement and a shot at one of the 4 premier LT's in next years draft :)

Don't count on it

cdz12250 said:
Thanks. I'll be extracting glass from my a** in a van down by the river...

But you spoke the truth. Being a longtime fan I have grown compacent, knowing that year after year the Fins will make the playoffs then take a crap in the WC or Div rounds, get a crappy spot in the draft, next year comes we do it again. Last year we SUCKED! And you know what? It was a good thing. We take winning for granted in Miami. Our Fins have always been pretty damn good. We had the greatest QB in the history of the game. We had the greatest coach in the history of the game. We are spoiled rotten. Sucking for one year is not bad, look where we are now headed. New coach and staff, lots of young players with promise, we got nowhere to go but up! I sure hope the AFC East enjoyed last year because the Miami Dolphins are coming back this year and not as a doormat, we are coming to kick some @$$!
:rawk:

Back
Top Bottom