The ONLY way we make noise this season... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The ONLY way we make noise this season...

Total-Revamping

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We have to catch NE and take the AFC East or we don't make any Post season noise....with a wildcard we have to play NE in NE during round one, we will get beat bad....if we win the east and they have to come to miami for round one, we will beat them....we can beat them during the regular season i think, but in the playoffs we have no chance I assume, if its in NE....thats of coarse taking into consideration the Pop Warner offense we are displaying.....Now....everyone on this board better hope for a BIG BIG BIG upset this weekend to the Texans because we all saw that its possible....if New England loses to the Texans, I think it will put their fairy tale season in a full reverse...they are not that good, but they are a product of a great coach....something we all will hope for this offseason....

another thing i'd like to comment on is, everyone is setting themselves up for disappointement with OG thing....the guy hasn't taken a hit in 20 games....does anyone remember the comotion chris carter caused to come back and get his kidney knocked out of his body....come on now....they guy is great, we should have had him all along, but lets just wait and see, we know he can do it but the question really is WILL HE?? At Dallas we should get our first showing!

One last comment....is anyone else excited for this offseason??? I mean all this wishfull thinking is great for us to get through the rest of the season with out TOTAL dissappointment, but the real excitement will come after January....we gonna finally get a coach, most likely offensively minded which is always exciting...and also we are definitely getting an EXPLOSIVE reciever, probably in the draft....when was the last time we saw an exciting offensive skill player drafted high on our draft??? Most likely we're going to get a QB also....things should get interesting this offseason and for once we will be looking for players at the fun positions! :evil:

I think I'd almost prefer to play away, why?

Cause we suck at home this year.

I hope we don't get a new coach cause I hope we go far into the playoffs this year (maybe even the SB). Not to mention NE is probably going to be the power house of the AFCE for a while. I think they havea **** load of draft picks next year and lots of money to throw around.

Unlike us. . .

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

I hope we don't get a new coach cause I hope we go far into the playoffs this year (maybe even the SB). Not to mention NE is probably going to be the power house of the AFCE for a while. I think they havea **** load of draft picks next year and lots of money to throw around.

Unlike us. . .
its really surprising, as long as i've been a dolphin fan, i've never known them to play so bad at home as compared to the road!:rolleyes:

All I know is I can't wait for this Sunday's game against the Skins in Joe Robbie on Sunday night!

Originally posted by Dolfan02
All I know is I can't wait for this Sunday's game against the Skins in Joe Robbie on Sunday night!
i know! 2 of my neighbors are coming over and i have the chips and beer and instructed my wife to leave that night open!;)

Originally posted by Total-Revamping
We have to catch NE and take the AFC East or we don't make any Post season noise....with a wildcard we have to play NE in NE during round one, we will get beat bad...

everyone on this board better hope for a BIG BIG BIG upset this weekend to the Texans because we all saw that its possible....

With six games to play, I think it's too early to assume anything about who the #3 seed would be, even if you assume NE takes the division. Only one game separates the KC-Indy-TN-NE race, and NE has already beaten the Titans. The only thing that seems nearly certain is that Cincy or Baltimore will be the #4 seed and Indy or Tenn will be the #5 (as the first wildcard).

Even so, you're still right: as the 2nd wildcard and #6 seed, Miami would have a road game at NE, KC, Indy or Tenn. I guess if I had to pick one, I'd prefer Indy.

A Texans upset would be enormously helpful, but NE travels to play the Colts the following week, so there's reason to hope they will drop a game before we see them.

If we beat Indy we'll be sitting pretty (hey, that rhymes).

Naturally, the Fins will try to win all their games (duh), but catching Denver looks like what you need.

Originally posted by Total-Revamping
if New England loses to the Texans, I think it will put their fairy tale season in a full reverse...they are not that good, but they are a product of a great coach....

What an idiotic statement.

The Pats are 8-2 overall and 5-0 (4-0 on the road) against teams with winning records. No other team in the NFL is close to that record versus winning teams.

So how are they "not that good"?

In the following hypothetical scenario who would have the advantage in terms of playoff positioning: a week 14 victory by the Phins over the Pats leaving both teams with 9-4 records (this assumes a Patriot loss to either Houston or Indy).

Originally posted by Maggot Brain
In the following hypothetical scenario who would have the advantage in terms of playoff positioning: a week 14 victory by the Phins over the Pats leaving both teams with 9-4 records (this assumes a Patriot loss to either Houston or Indy).

We would have a better record in the Division than the Patsies

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

Unlike us. . .
Don't let the road record mislead you...the teams you beat on the road are a combined 11-29...the one away game you had against a winning team resulted in a 31-7 blowout. Also, you won those road games in nice weather--i dont care if you finish 1-7 at home, you still want a homefield advanage

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Don't let the road record mislead you...the teams you beat on the road are a combined 11-29...the one away game you had against a winning team resulted in a 31-7 blowout. Also, you won those road games in nice weather--i dont care if you finish 1-7 at home, you still want a homefield advanage

I guess that means we will be beating the bills!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom