The Panthers are a well oiled machine | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Panthers are a well oiled machine

iceblizzard69 said:
Their best cornerback last year was Ricky Manning Jr., and they drafted Chris Gamble in the first round and he should be pretty good. However, the Panthers secondary wasn't good last year, and probably won't be good this year as well.
ricky manning was their best in a couple playoff games but he was pretty quiet during the season.

Carolina IS what we want to be...It's actually sad........We had MORE talent than they did last year...yet they made the SB......Just sad.....

Then again...If we were in the NFC...we might have done exactly what Carolina did......

Hey Section, I like the way you incorporated the different logos into your sig, that rocks. Out of curiosity, what were the other play-off years? I've got 90, 95, 97, 98, 99, and 01.....so I'm missing 2.

Section126 said:
Carolina IS what we want to be...It's actually sad........We had MORE talent than they did last year...yet they made the SB......Just sad.....

Then again...If we were in the NFC...we might have done exactly what Carolina did......

DolphinzD said:
Hey Section, I like the way you incorporated the different logos into your sig, that rocks. Out of curiosity, what were the other play-off years? I've got 90, 95, 97, 98, 99, and 01.....so I'm missing 2.

1970 and 1980

The Pathers are definitely NOT a fluke team...they're legit.

Did anybody see Ron Dayne? He followed up a good performance last week with a mediocre one. The stats may look nice, but did you see how he fumbled twice in a row when trying to go in for a TD at the goal line??!! Or how he let a defender blow right by him which lead to a sack on QB Eli Manning?

Sounds like the story here in patriots country. No one admitted to being a fan until their superbowl run, then they were "life long fans through the thick and the thin."

--Amen brotha...damn bandwagoners

Panthers look pretty good, but they're not without their weaknesses. FS will be a weakness this year. Deion Grant was better than people gave him credit for, Branch, Tillman, and Richardson will not cover his loss. Oh, and Minter at SS is not getting any younger. And as good as J. Cooper is on special teams, he's no Minter when it comes to playing SS.

On offense, Willig looks solid for now, but eventually the lack of a true stud right tackle is going to hurt them.

Overall, I do think they're pretty good, but they're going to need their pass rush to stay ferocious in order to cover up their weak safeties, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom