The Pats get 4 Compensatory picks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pats get 4 Compensatory picks

MR NFLFAN

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Compensatory picks

The Patriots were awarded four compensatory draft picks today -- a fifth-rounder, two sixth-rounders and one seventh-rounder.
The fifth-round pick is 171st overall. The sixth-rounders are 208 and 209. The seventh-round pick is 247th.
The picks were a result of losing compensatory free agents Tom Ashworth, Matt Chatham, Andre David, Tim Dwight, Christian Fauria, David Givens and Adam Vinatieri.
The lone compensatory free agent signed by the Patriots was Reche Caldwell.
The Patriots' four picks was a league high, tied with the Ravens.

That replaces the extra pick for Welker and then some.

1-5th
2-6th
1-7th

:sidelol:

Sweet Jebus!

That's just fricken crazy!

Any money left to sign these draft picks or do you think they will be traded up or down?

Sweet Jebus!

That's just fricken crazy!

Any money left to sign these draft picks or do you think they will be traded up or down?

This picks cannot be traded as they are comp picks.I am thinking more that one of the first rounder will be traded for a next year and this year 2nd Pick.

This picks cannot be traded as they are comp picks.I am thinking more that one of the first rounder will be traded for a next year and this year 2nd Pick.

As satz said they can't be traded and there is a little over $4 mill left to sign draftees.

Compensatory picks

The Patriots were awarded four compensatory draft picks today -- a fifth-rounder, two sixth-rounders and one seventh-rounder.
The fifth-round pick is 171st overall. The sixth-rounders are 208 and 209. The seventh-round pick is 247th.
The picks were a result of losing compensatory free agents Tom Ashworth, Matt Chatham, Andre David, Tim Dwight, Christian Fauria, David Givens and Adam Vinatieri.

1-5th
2-6th
1-7th

ya but but but but the pats overpaid :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

ya but but but but the pats overpaid :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

You did.

The fact that you got draft picks back doesn't negate the fact that we got the better deal. We still have those picks that we needed. Honestly I don't care what your team does, I care what my team does to get better.

You guys act like those two 6ths and the 7th are going to be superstars or something :rolleyes:

Alex44 said:
You did.

The fact that you got draft picks back doesn't negate the fact that we got the better deal. We still have those picks that we needed. Honestly I don't care what your team does, I care what my team does to get better.

You guys act like those two 6ths and the 7th are going to be superstars or something :rolleyes:

The Fins can only claim the better deal if the players they use those picks on do better for the Fins than Welker does for the Patriots. If Welker becomes Brady's "safety net" and his receiving and returning helps the Pats to another SB appearance, he'll easily be worth more than a 2nd and a 7th.

It's sure a good thing the Fins don't have Wannstadt or Saban doing their drafting or it would be no contest!

Compensatory picks

1-5th
2-6th
1-7th

I see this as another example of how well the personnel are worked at NE. They draft good, develop better and gain value all over the place. So MUCH value that they can afford to let good players slip away as free agents. They are again and again able to make the tough cut and/or trade that keeps them cap and pick positive. It takes time before your coffers are so full you can afford the "prescribed" value given by the nfl for lost personnel, but for certain, BB and Pioli school the rest of the nfl year after year, on how to do it. These guys went to the afc championship game last year and have already... before the draft, become a stronger, better team...

You did.

Alex we don't act as if we'll get superstars anymore than you do. Your quick to tell us how you got the better deal but we haven't seen the players the phins select yet so how can you make that statement? Until we actually see what your GM selects in the april draft we don't know who got the better of the deal and your team could very well pick a couple of duds. Right now all you got is a couple of lottery scratch tickets that haven't been scratched yet but we all know with the draft just like scratch tickets there is no garantees they won't be losers.
Fact is Welker was going to cost any team at least a 2nd rounder yet most dolphins fans think they did so well getting a 7th to go with it and these compensatory picks are exactly why NE was willing to give away a very late pick. I don't think either of those picks a late 2nd or the 7th are going to get any superstars either. The long and short of things is we bought a known product for 2 chances at unknown products. Enjoy the picks I hope they make better choices than Wanny did. :D

Alex we don't act as if we'll get superstars anymore than you do. Your quick to tell us how you got the better deal but we haven't seen the players the phins select yet so how can you make that statement? Until we actually see what your GM selects in the april draft we don't know who got the better of the deal and your team could very well pick a couple of duds. Right now all you got is a couple of lottery scratch tickets that haven't been scratched yet but we all know with the draft just like scratch tickets there is no garantees they won't be losers.
Fact is Welker was going to cost any team at least a 2nd rounder yet most dolphins fans think they did so well getting a 7th to go with it and these compensatory picks are exactly why NE was willing to give away a very late pick. I don't think either of those picks a late 2nd or the 7th are going to get any superstars either. The long and short of things is we bought a known product for 2 chances at unknown products. Enjoy the picks I hope they make better choices than Wanny did. :D

Of course our 2nd round pick could end up horrible, but this is a very deep draft in rounds 1-4 so I'm confident we can get someone good. Welker is what he is, a gritty guy who plays hard but won't be more than a #3 WR (maybe a #2 with Brady throwing the ball)

Then Welker comes out and says he didn't like playing here, and wanted to leave. So I think given the circumstances it was a good trade

Brady was a damn good 6th round pick.....but a once in a lifetime one :D

I wouldnt brag about how many late rounders you have its how you use them.

Anyway its just an example of the Pats FO knowing their stuff.

Ah the Rich get Richer :evil:

<---------- Soon to 4 fingers

Isn't that what we heard last year, and the year before that?

Well PAtsSuck, you wish your team sucked as much as the Pats do :lol:

The last time the Fins were in the Superbowl you were not even a twinkle in daddy's eye yet...LOL

Back
Top Bottom