The Pats screwed us again! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pats screwed us again!

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
They won last week keeping Al Davis from being able to snag either Weis or Crennel.. And now our offense will have to change..

I thought a year 3 norv O with upgraded personnel would do much better. I guess now we will never know.

AND the Patriots kept their allpro coordinators another year!! ARGHH!

The NFL should make a rule that coaching free agency doesn't start until the day after the Super Bowl. It really punishes the coordinators of good teams from getting a head coaching job. This is the second time it's happened to Weis.

Davis never would have hired either one of those guys since both are considered disciplinarians (in the Belichick mold) and Davis has explicitly stated that he does not want a disciplinarian as the HC of the Jokeland Faiders therefore neither Crennel nor Weis would ever have been considered; Al wants a "player's coach."

I give Norv 2 years before he retires from that embarassment.

Originally posted by SkapePhin
They won last week keeping Al Davis from being able to snag either Weis or Crennel.. And now our offense will have to change..

I thought a year 3 norv O with upgraded personnel would do much better. I guess now we will never know.

That rule has been changed. teams can now interview HC candidates on playoff teams, they just can't interview FO people on playoff teams, which will probably get changed this year as well. The reason being that assnt coaches were being inadvertantly punished for their teams going deep into the playoffs and teams weren't willing to wait to hire a HC. I'm sure the same argument will be brought up this offseason about FO people, especially since Pioli (sp) was hot on a cuople of people lists but couldn't be interviewed. He really got shafted.

Re: Re: The Pats screwed us again!

Originally posted by rhadaddy

That rule has been changed. teams can now interview HC candidates on playoff teams, they just can't interview FO people on playoff teams, which will probably get changed this year as well. The reason being that assnt coaches were being inadvertantly punished for their teams going deep into the playoffs and teams weren't willing to wait to hire a HC. I'm sure the same argument will be brought up this offseason about FO people, especially since Pioli (sp) was hot on a cuople of people lists but couldn't be interviewed. He really got shafted.

Actually, that's not enitrely true. Teams have a one week window at the beginning of the playoffs in which they can interview coordinators from other teams. Beyond that one week window however, teams are not allowed to interview other staff members from other teams for any position. In this case, since the Raiders didn't interview either Crennel or Weis during that window of opportunity they would have to wait until the conclusion of the Super Bowl to interview either one of the guys mentioned.

Originally posted by SkapePhin

Reaching out for straws a little bit, aren't you? The Fins won't lose next year because of the Patriots coaching staff, it will be because of their own! :lol:

Re: Re: The Pats screwed us again!

Originally posted by rhadaddy

I'm sure the same argument will be brought up this offseason about FO people, especially since Pioli (sp) was hot on a cuople of people lists but couldn't be interviewed. He really got shafted.

I understand that Pioli is a hot commodity, but I'm not convinced he'd leave New England at this time. Obviously I'm a homer, but this article gives a little more insight into his and Belichick's relationship.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/patriots.bg?articleid=510

Back
Top Bottom