The Philbin Legacy: Reggie Bush: "I Felt Like I Was Playing On The Replacements" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Philbin Legacy: Reggie Bush: "I Felt Like I Was Playing On The Replacements"

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Remember what happened to Reggie, Jake and others when they tried to take the initiative to assume a leadership role in the lockerroom?

Appearing today with Colin Cowherd, among other career reminiscences, they were discussing the importance of leadership in respect to the teams he was on and especially the difference it made in New Orleans.

When it came to the Phins, Reggie declared that there was absolutely none! No one was held accountable, there were fights occurring almost every day in practice, a player was always showing up late (Vontae?). And Cowherd marveled at the talented roster including Marshall, Bess (when at that time according to Bush he was playing as well as any slot in the league), Long, Vontae, Sean Smith, Incog etc. as if to say what a shame. Because of the huge "leadership" vacuum, Bush in all seriousness remarked he felt like he was playing on the "Replacements."

The waste of space and time Philbin really was comes as no surprise thanks to @ChambersWI 's discussion with a former player that he shared in VIP. But coming directly from one of those teams' top players, someone who actually tried to assume a leadership role, just makes it all the more pathetically real.

I knew after Hard Knocks that Philbin was in over his head. He should have been fired after Bullygate and the embarrassing way that season ended. The Dolphins lost 2 years by keeping him on after that...

Yea when the team lacks dicipline and issues like bullygate thats a terrible sign. Gase has me worried a bit now with the oline coach coke incident and all of our penalties plus players lack of playbook knowledge. He may be a great game caller but the every day locker team dicipline is missing IMO. Not a good sign.

Remember what happened to Reggie, Jake and others when they tried to take the initiative to assume a leadership role in the lockerroom?

Appearing today with Colin Cowherd, among other career reminiscences, they were discussing the importance of leadership in respect to the teams he was on and especially the difference it made in New Orleans.

When it came to the Phins, Reggie declared that there was absolutely none! No one was held accountable, there were fights occurring almost every day in practice, a player was always showing up late (Vontae?). And Cowherd marveled at the talented roster including Marshall, Bess (when at that time according to Bush he was playing as well as any slot in the league), Long, Vontae, Sean Smith, Incog etc. as if to say what a shame. Because of the huge "leadership" vacuum, Bush in all seriousness remarked he felt like he was playing on the "Replacements."

The waste of space and time Philbin really was comes as no surprise thanks to @ChambersWI 's discussion with a former player that he shared in VIP. But coming directly from one of those teams' top players, someone who actually tried to assume a leadership role, just makes it all the more pathetically real.
Thank you for the heads up on the ChambersWI discussion with a former player. Went back and read it. Great stuff(actually terrible stuff). Wish some on here would join VIP and get their eyes opened a bit. Really changes some perspectives that many people carry with them about this team and its players. With especially Philbin, a poster or two would have a healthy helping of crow

If Marshall was there he couldnt have been talking about Philbin at the time

Yea when the team lacks dicipline and issues like bullygate thats a terrible sign. Gase has me worried a bit now with the oline coach coke incident and all of our penalties plus players lack of playbook knowledge. He may be a great game caller but the every day locker team dicipline is missing IMO. Not a good sign.

He does need to start implementing more discipline across the team, but personality wise he is the complete opposite of Philbin. I need my coaches to have a little passion and anger on the sideline, I couldn't stand looking at Philbin, used to drive me nuts. Reminded me of the teacher on South Park. Can't explain how glad I am he is gone. Still no clue how someone can interview a guy like that and think...hmmm this will be a great head coach. Getting rid of leaders bc you feel threatened/challenged by them is pathetic.

To be fair to Joe Philbin... Reggie Bush came here when Tony Sparano was the coach, and indeed Sparano was the coach when the team had Brandon Marshall. So to me, that's just as much of a shot at Tony as it is at Joe, if not moreso?

I mean, you talk about that 2011 season, and just because we won a few games to close it out, maybe people forget just how bad it was to start. That was after the lockout and all of our defensive players showed up to camp looking like a squad of Michelin Men.

Bush did little after he left us. 1 good season on non-playoff team and then nothing. Miller did just as good as his replacement for cheaper. Probably some truth to the matter though.

Can you imagine showing up late to one of Jimmy Johnsons meetings?
A coach needs to be respected and if you don't have that there is no direction.........the team has already lost.

I mean, you talk about that 2011 season, and just because we won a few games to close it out, maybe people forget just how bad it was to start. That was after the lockout and all of our defensive players showed up to camp looking like a squad of Michelin Men.
Do you remember how the 2010 season ended? It’s no surprise that the 2011 season turned out the way it did once this team brought back the coach who presided over the dumpster fire that was the end of the 2010 season. The Lions game alone should have been enough to get Sparano canned. But Ross was making the decisions, so no . . . .

And who can forget how the 2011 season began: Brady goes off for over 500 yards and 4 TDs and that was just the beginning of a 7 game losing streak to start the season.

He does need to start implementing more discipline across the team, but personality wise he is the complete opposite of Philbin. I need my coaches to have a little passion and anger on the sideline, I couldn't stand looking at Philbin, used to drive me nuts. Reminded me of the teacher on South Park. Can't explain how glad I am he is gone. Still no clue how someone can interview a guy like that and think...hmmm this will be a great head coach. Getting rid of leaders bc you feel threatened/challenged by them is pathetic.

giphy.gif

joe_philbin_in_post-game_34clearly_34_explaining_the_dolphins_problems.gif

who cares about this?

Quiet now, adults are talking...

IT was an awful time for this franchise...Gase is far from perfect, but going from the slack-jawed, confused and extra queasy Philbin to a guy who is a little arrogant...I'll take arrogance every day of the week.

Back
Top Bottom