the Pope says..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the Pope says.....

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
Uhhh....Edwin Pope, that is....
Huizenga has done a lot of things that looked dumb at the time but turned out to be fairly intelligent. His stance on Wannstedt might be another one.

Get your reality check right here. :D

Good article. Edwin Pope is the senior sports writer around here. He's seen it all. :)

By the time we have a G.M. setting the roster, a cordinator running the d, a cordinator running the o, What does wanny do?

run his fingers thru his hair after fiedler throws another pick and says should have gotten brunell.

Originally posted by Muck
Good article. Edwin Pope is the senior sports writer around here. He's seen it all. :)

That's why when he says something like this,......
The salary cap was a factor that vexed even a mind like Shula's. ''When it was all about football, Don was the best ever,'' Larry Csonka said. ``When it became about money, he wasn't.''
.....you can believe him.

Originally posted by tenndolfan
run his fingers thru his hair after fiedler throws another pick and says should have gotten brunell.

And he can add something like, "Well, that's something that needs to be worked on and will get corrected. But from other standpoints, we're in good shape."

Originally posted by DolphinzD

And he can add something like, "Well, that's something that needs to be worked on and will get corrected. But from other standpoints, we're in good shape."
:lol: :lol: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

talent evaluation aside, i question whether wanny can motivate the team. we all know(read) he's a nice guy and the player's like him, but is the type of nice guy that:

1. players will run through a wall for? or...

2. the type that players feel they can walk all over and ignore without fear of reprocussion?

i figure wayne hung on because a significant upgrade is not assured.

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
talent evaluation aside, i question whether wanny can motivate the team. we all know(read) he's a nice guy and the player's like him, but is the type of nice guy that:

1. players will run through a wall for? or...

2. the type that players feel they can walk all over and ignore without fear of reprocussion?

i figure wayne hung on because a significant upgrade is not assured.
There's no evidence that his players have ever quit on him. As a matter of fact, that was the only good thing they had to say about him in Chicago.

I'd like to see some repercussions for stupid penalties and undisciplined play just like you but as has been pointed out many a times, guys have their own mind and you can kick scream and plead and you're still going to have guys that, in the heat of the moment, they crack. The player knows he screwed up. His teammates know he screwed up. Wanny knows he screwed up. Is it going to be of any benefit to embarrass the player publicly (as if his embarrassment wasn't public enough) at a news conference just to please some blood thirsty fans?
Do you think that player will appreciate Wanny sticking up for him and respect the man and try to work harder because he wants to and not because he's scared of losing his job??
Do you think maybe that player might even try and speak up on Wannstedts' behalf if the tables were turned and Dave was the one in the hot seat????

Do you know the difference between ruling with fear and ruling with respect?

When you rule with respect the players have your back, when you rule with fear, they have at your back.

You may not like his style but, that doesn't mean it's not going to work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom