The QB is the issue. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The QB is the issue.

FinFan84

Starter
Reaction score
To me its not that big a deal that wanyy comes back. I dont like him, but their isnt much out there, besdie Coughlin. The real thing to be concerned with is JAY FIELER. He must go. Wanny attachment to him is scary. we need a real QB in here alot more than a new coach, in my opinion.

QB is the least of the concerns with this organization.....you could plug in Warner, Brunell, Garcia, or any of the other suggested solutions into this offense and they would suffer even more than Jay has. If this team even wastes a dime of cap room on a QB when it needs to spend millions on OL and WR.......I'll be one pissed off fan!

Originally posted by dean_siu
QB is the least of the concerns with this organization.....you could plug in Warner, Brunell, Garcia, or any of the other suggested solutions into this offense and they would suffer even more than Jay has. If this team even wastes a dime of cap room on a QB when it needs to spend millions on OL and WR.......I'll be one pissed off fan!

Yeah, Griese will do fine with a good OL. A tradeoff of Jay for a good O-lineman will do no harm.

Jay did 10x better than Brian this year with the same personnel....its obvious who the better QB of the 2 is....why would you want to downgrade????

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
The entire offense is a problem outside of Ricky, Chris Chambers and Wade Smith.
actually we are solid at te mcmike,lee are great so te is not a problem.however the qb is a major problem along with finding a solid number #2 reciever.wade smith will be great next year with some more wieght if he is let go someone will get him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by dean_siu
Jay did 10x better than Brian this year with the same personnel....its obvious who the better QB of the 2 is....why would you want to downgrade????

Hmm Which games were you watching? He sucks. . . When he has time, he throws to high and gets our WR, RB, FB killed. When he is rushed you over throws and get INT's. He had what 2 good games these year? And please dont count the Jets Game today. It was in vein. He has had 3 or 4 years to prove himself, virdict is out, he sucks, nothing more then a back-up.

Originally posted by tenndolfan
actually we are solid at te mcmike,lee are great so te is not a problem.however the qb is a major problem along with finding a solid number #2 reciever.

Sorry forgot about McMicheal :) Lee I don't count on yet cause he has to avoid the boneheaded penalties he's accured.

QB is a problem, but it's no more than the 3rd problem with this team. To me, the offensive line is the biggest problem. The improvement towards the end of the year is encouraging, but it isn't enough. Coaching is the #2 problem. I really think it's more Norv than Dave. It drives me crazy when the play calling gets so freaking conservative. I seemed to be in the minority who lamented the Chan to Norv shift, though.

Originally posted by tenndolfan
actually we are solid at te mcmike,lee are great so te is not a problem.however the qb is a major problem along with finding a solid number #2 reciever.wade smith will be great next year with some more wieght if he is let go someone will get him.

:lol:

The entire offense is a problem outside of Ricky, Chris Chambers and Wade Smith.

I couldn't agree more.

Doesn't Wanny have final say on the way the game planning will go?

I'd assume Wanny tells Norv how he wants the game called. Running percentage, conservative and so on.

Perhaps Norv has full rein over the playcalling?

i also think the O line is our main problem, i still believe that griese can be a near great or even great qb w/ a good offensive line, w/ denvers line in his 2nd year he threw something like 23 td passes and 9 pics in limited games. i would love for fiedler to stay as a BACKUP. If he would take less money to stay and backup whoever our starting qb would be that would be great. when he came into the washington game and led the phins 2 victory that said what he is good at, coming into a game if our qb is struggling and picking up some slack to bring us back. He is not a starting QB.

and Travis Minor ;)

Randy is good but sometimes he drops easy passes and commits stupid penalties.

I wouldn't mind finding a way to draft a good QB. It couldn't hurt... but lets get a crapload of offensive linemen. I mean the ones that can be offensive to another team.

Back
Top Bottom