The QB is the issue. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The QB is the issue.

I definately believe that the QB should be the #1 issue heading into this offseason. No matter what you just have got to have a great QB to win in this league (except for the 2000 Ravens). I my humble opinion, you can take a great team and stick them with a bad quarterback (i.e Jay Fiedler) and they become an average team. But you can take a mediocre team and give them a great QB and they will always have a fighting chance. Look at David Carr in his rookie year, despite have the worst O-Line of all time, he did almost as well as Fiedler this year. Bottom Line, if we had a great Quarterback, we would be unstoppable. Our offensive line needs mucho improvement too but that should be #2.

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
miami needs a new starting qb, among other things...jay is the better backup by far

I agree. Put the focus where it needs to be. Jay is way too inconsistent. On top of that, his deep ball is average at best.

I supported Jay when some wouldn't give him a chance. Now that he has shown what he is capable of, the jury is in, and my opinion is finalized.

Jay isn't getting any younger or healthier either...we need someone young and accurate that can play within this system.

Regarding the offensive line, I think a change in our center and blocking scheme would help a ton.

It's got to be the OL first....

If the OL was better, the running / passing game would improve as a result. When you've got a RB as talented as RW, you need to make sure he's well surrounded on the OL.....

We may even have to make a trade off. I'm not sure if we can accomplish both {OL and QB} in one off-season. Jay would be better if he had more time to throw, and Ricky would be near 2000 if he had better blocking. The OL must be the first priority IMO....

Up front is where it all starts, and once that's fixed, I don't think it'll really matter who the QB is...

If we can do both, I say make a strong attempt to bring in QB J. Garcia to replace Jay. He's mobile, and his arm strength / accuracy are much better than what we've seen from Fiedler....

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Oline is #1 priority follow by WR.Who knows how the new GM feels about Jay Fiedler.For all we know he might be back next year.

#1 Oline
#2 WR
#3 Find a cheap upgrade over Fiedler or Draft QB.

Actually if you think Griese did better then I question what the hell you were watching. We need to upgrade at qb, but if you are a griese hugger after seeing him this year, you lost credibility. Griese aint the answer. Look at what Plummer has done with the same personnel as Griese had, and Portis was hurt this year at 2 diff points in the year, plus Plummer missed what 5 games? They made teh playoffs with the same team. So quit with teh stupid baseless argument that Griese is teh answer, it is stupid.

o-line and wr are 2 positions that need to be upgraded, but Brunell should be brought in and a third round spent on Qb unless we have a shot at Roethlisberger or manning. If we lose Wale to a team in the top ten we may have a shot, say Wash. If not we draft either a wr or o-line depending on how FA goes.

Back
Top Bottom